Invite friends

Options
Bear
Bear Member Posts: 2
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how I can write in my profile for friends and family to read and keep up with my news. I thought I did it yesterday, but it seems noone has received anything. i.e. the email inviting them. Thanks, if anyone can help, Sara.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sara, were you wanting to invite people who are already network members to connect to you, or people outside the network?

To invite people who aren't already network members, you need to use the 'tell a friend' form. Just go to the 'invite a friend' page (there are links in a couple of places in the site, but the easiest way is to type this: " /invite " (no inverted commas or spaces) at the end of the site URL, so it will look like this: http: //www.bcna.org.au/ invite.

Then follow the instructions by typing in the email addresses of the people you want to invite, click send, and they should receive an email with a link they can click on to join.

If that's what you did and it didn't work, just let me know. Or, I'd be happy to talk to you by email or phone -- you can find my contact details by clicking my username and they're in 'My story'.

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Priscilla, you're probably not doing anything wrong. There is a bug we've found in the 'reply to a contact request' message that means they don't always get delivered. It's being fixed as we speak and will be going into the next code fix (apologies if that's what's caused you trouble).

Have you tried sending a personal message? That will generate an email to your contact, so they'll be notified in both their network inbox, and their email inbox. Just go to your contact's profile page, and you'll see a 'send a message' link under the picture on the left side of the page. You can also send a message from inside your inbox if that's easier.

FYI, we're expanding the email notifications function (which will be deployed at the end of July), so that you receive more notifications when people respond to your posts or comments. That should help everyone keep track of conversations and responses in the network a bit more easily.

Hope that all helps -- let me know if it doesn't work.

Di