I did it

Lunanoire
Lunanoire Member Posts: 51
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

This time last week I was in the hospital with a partially collapsed lung and chest drain.  Today, I participated in The Color Run and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  This is me at the half way mark before I really got covered with colour and glitter.

I am also really proud of my medal even though due to my recent complications I wasn't able to actually run the whole 5kms, in fact I think I probably ran only about 2kms - but still I finished.

I'm now about to take some pain killers and spend the rest of the afternoon vegie out on the couch watching Xena (my partner bought me the dvd box set) - anything to keep my mind off tomorrow which is my first chemo session.

Comments

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited September 2015

Woo hoo to you!! Well done Lunanoire, especially considering your recent issues, you are an amazon woman! Enjoy your afternoon watching Xena, you've definitely deserved some vegging out time:-)

Best of luck for tomorrow, take lots of stuff to read / listen to / watch / do, as it can be a long day. I had my hubby with me for mine who did the obligatory coffee runs and kept me company. The nurses were fabulous and I'm sure yours will be too. Keep us posted on how you go. Jane xx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited September 2015

You finished that is all that matters, congratulations. Good luck tomorrow think of it as one downx

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited September 2015

Wow, well done!!! If you can do that, considering the last week, you can do anything. Hope tomorrow goes well

Lyn

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    edited September 2015

Awesome job Lunanoire, well done and good luck for today :)

cheers

Mira

• Arleene
    Arleene Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2015

Hi Lunanoire,

I am so proud of you, when you achieve something so amazing after going through the hard time you have been having that is an awesome achievement and you sure deserve to chill out and watch Xena I love Xena too she's cool good luck with your chemo tomorrow sending you a cuddle and a smile Anita xx????????????

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited September 2015

Woohooo. Good on you. !!!!!

hope the chemo went ok. 

Hugs

paula xxx

• Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    edited September 2015

Awesome effort - well done xx