doctor visit

Options
rowdy
rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
edited August 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Afternoon  I hope everyone  is good. Today I went for my check up with my breast surgeon. It was fantastic to walk out of there with a smile on my face. We chatted about my treatment and had a laugh, it only feels like yesterday she was telling me I had bc. It is now about 18 months since diagnised, it has been one of the hardest things I have had to deal with in my life. For all the newbies it does get better I never thought I would be here today saying this. Life is different I still struggle with some things but I'm trying to move forward and enjoy life again. This site has been great ,one of the best things I have found. Take care and take time to laugh and smile ,it sounds dumb but I really think it helpsxx

Comments

• Annedipa
    Annedipa Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thats wonderful! Im coming up to 1 year post diagnosis. You are right it does get a little easier as time passes. Best wishes Anne

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Rowdy, good news and how awesome for you and your family. You have been great support for me since I joined the network, and I'd like to extend my congratulations and thanks to you for just being there. You are so right, this is a great network of people to connect with, and a safe place to be during all of our journeys. Warm wishes, Trace ????????

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thank you ladies it is a good feeling sending hugs and a laughxx

• Kazzi
    Kazzi Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2015
    Options

Well done Rowdy,

18 months down the track.  You've been a great support to lots on line here including me.  It's a great forum to express out darkest fears amongst bosom buddies.

Good to see can come out the other end with a sense of humour intact.

Best wishes

Karen xx

• lisboy
    lisboy Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Rowdy

thats great news and really wonderful to see you going so well. I have followed your blogs and have always appreciated your support. 

Lisaxx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited August 2015
    Options

Woohoo. Good for you Rowdy. Now I have a big smile on my face ;)

Paula xxxx