I'm back!

Options
jenpen
jenpen Member Posts: 315
edited August 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Well....I had a bit of a break from all things breast cancer and now after 8 months or so I'm feeling pretty great - and also wondering how everyone's getting on?

My gorgeous husband & kids & I have just returned from a Sth Pacific cruise & a visit to Sydney which followed a trip to my oncologist for my scan results which are all great! I feel like a new person......and feel the best I've felt in nearly 2 years!

I wonder if this is how it is for others once they get to that 18 month - 2 years after diagnosis? I think our new normal will always see us feeling anxious & worried about the future but maybe we become used to these fears & accept them and just carry on enjoying every wonderful day!

Have often thought about you Robyn....will check out your posts soon! Hope all is great for you too!

Look forward to catching up on this new beaut website too - looks different from when I was on last!  

Hooroo - Jenny xx

Comments

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny, happy to hear you are doing so well:) Yes, the website is quite different nowadays. I gave it  miss for a while until they sorted out the bugs, they have improved some things and it's going ok. I'm afraid we may have lost a few regulars along the way, it was very frustrating in the beginning. I have just had my 2 year test and results and all is good. I have adjusted to my 'new normal' and I think you are right, we do get used to feeling a little anxious when check ups are due. Never complacent just wary. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and it's good to hear from you, 

Hazel xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,welcome back. I've been off the radar for the last 5 weeks on a round the world trip.Glad to hear you are fit n well and also enjoying travel. I agree that it takes around 2 years post bc diagnosis to relax and look over your shoulder.Like any situation in life, you adjust and we learn to live with the bc worry. Take care and keep in contact.Love Tonya xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hey you!!! How great to hear from you:):) I often think about you! I have my 2 year mammo and ultrasound tomorrow,and I am sure that it is going to be fine. Like you Jen,I feel the best I have felt for ages.I have a few whinges about Tamoxifen,but all in all its no big deal.How great to have gone on a cruise.How are your children doing? We have 6 kids at the moment,so we are pretty busy.Please stay in touch,it's just so great to hear from you.Cheers Robynxox

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wow Tonya,round the world trip? Where did you go? How exciting!!! Robyn

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hey girls

I just wrote a luvly long post to you all and with a slip of a finger on a key I lost the lot.

Sick in bed and now to tired to write it again.

Don't you hate that........

Luv n hugs to all you luvlies

Mich xoxoxoxo