Break out the fitbit

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone, I finished my last chemo on Tuesday, and am now over some of the side effects from Docetaxel. Yesterday I charged up my Fitbit, and put it on this morning. Hubby and I had 2 attempts at a walk, first one we got rained out before the second block and hightailed it back home (bugger !!) then got on with another walk along the banks of the Snowy River near my home. What a lovely feeling to have that fresh cool air on my face, enjoying my local area. Now the cobwebs have been blown off the Fitbit, look out, I'm on the move. It's motivated me to be really active today, even fitting in my arvie rest, so that I keep up. Warm wishes, Tracey B ??????

Comments

• Pink66
    Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
    edited July 2015
    Options

Just love my fitbit!!  not only does it encourage me to move but it tells me when I have done enough and need to stop.. which allows me to get up the next day and do it all again (well drugs and weather  permitting). Have fun with yours

Cheers  sharon

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited July 2015
    Options

Love, love, love my Fitbit. It's back on my wrist after I ditched it when I went to Summit. It makes me get out there and walk when I could easily hit the couch instead. I loved your description of walking Along the banks of the river. Enjoy your walks and enjoy your rest as well. 

Paula x

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sharon, it's so awesome to find someone else with a Fitbit. It does inspire me to do just that little bit more exercise at the end of the day. Just have to get the eating bit right. Hopefully that will come good in the end. Thanks for your support, it means a lot, Trace xxxx

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Mum, I just love my food, and my passion is enjoying others enjoy food. That is my challenge with aramitose inhibitors coming on after my radiotherapy. I'm determined to get some good walking done during my radiotherapy in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, my Fitbit will keep me on track and help me to be the best me that I can be. You guys in bcna have been my inspiration and have kept me positive during my chemo. Thank you and sending you a big cuddle, Trace ??????

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good luck with the exercise. I found I put on 7kg very quickly when I started on Arimix 9 years ago. Have to be very careful to not gain further weight since only have to look at ship etc to see the scales rise! Also had an issue last year when put on a new cholesterol lowering drug when again rapidly stacked on 7kg in spite of doing regular walks, using stairs not life and Tai chi 3 times a week (much more exercise thatn I ever used to do b4 Cancer) BTW for me elevated cholesterol is one of several side effects of being on Arimidex but hey I m still here 9 years after surgery and several years since I was told " we cant believe you are still here with no new primary or secondary cancer"

may need to request a fitbit for upcoming big 0 birthday!

Hope the reamining treatment radiotherapy is trouble free and you continue with the walks perhaps a picture or 2 for us envious city dwellers???

Carol

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2015
    Options

oops sorry about all the typos

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Carol, thanks for the advice. My lovely hubby has organised for me to work with a personal trainer when radiation finishes in an attempt to give me some more activity. Hope that it works, Trace xxx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi again I walked every day when I did radiotherapy. It kept me sane and made me feel good.  I had to go to Townsville which is 4 hours from where I live.  I had different friends and family members with me at different times, but we always walked every day. 

All the best.

Paula xx

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Fantastic Paula, you're an inspiration. Will definitely be walking in Melbourne during my time there. ??????

• Marlee
    Marlee Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2015
    Options

I have just had first chemo for IDC stage 3, having Neo adjuvant then surgery

i am usually active but also have found a stress fracture in my foot - bone scan for the BC

Any hints on keeping active through the chemo ?Im having three cycles of FEC then 3 of D

thanks 

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Marlee, I reckon that you could put this out on a post yo the network. Are you able to cycle with a stress fracture in your foot ? I know that they don't recommend swimming due to the chlorine. Maybe some other members will have some suggestions for you. Hoping that your foot is better soon, Trace ????