Last Chemo today

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone, had my last chemo today, and so chuffed that this hurdle is nearly over. It was Docetaxel, so I'm just waiting for the upset tummy and the muscle and joint pain that will come in a couple of days. I wore my sequinned slippers and my favourite lipstick. The oncology staff all gave me a cuddle, they are absolutely awesome people who really care. Next step is radiation, but not until August. Onward and upward Folks, Trace xxxx??????

Comments

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, congratulation on your last chemo, another part of the journey over, hope radiation goes well for you. Glynnis

• kazza4450
    kazza4450 Member Posts: 159
    edited July 2015
    Options

That's brilliant Tracey. Will say some prayers you don't get this last dose of side effects in a couple days, lol. Praying it byoases you. xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited July 2015
    Options

Well done Tracey! I applaud your attitude that has shone through all your posts:):) A positive outlook can help with how we feel throughout treatment,and although I know some people don't agree with this,I feel it is very important.We don't have a choice with treatment,but we have a choice with how we approach it.Im sure the oncology staff also,appreciate people like you,with your lippy and sequinned slippers... it would put a smile on their faces :) Well done again Tracey!! Stay in touch and let us know what special thing you take to radiation!!!:) Cheers Robyn xox

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn for your support, that's lovely. I've been given a second chance at life, and consider myself lucky. So if I can help others to be positive and learn as much as I can about how to manage cancer treatment, that's great. Network members such as yourself are of great support and comfort. Warm wishes, Trace ????

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Glynnis for your warm wishes ??????

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Kazza, I have all the medications that I need to manage the side effects, and a wonderful hubby alongside me. Your prayers are much appreciated. ????

• LorraineB
    LorraineB Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2015
    Options

Congratulations Tracey, it's a great feeling isn't it.  All the best for radiation.   Lorraine

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Lorraine ????

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, great to hear you finished as you started - with your lippy and a smile! Well done xx

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Jane, that's lovely ????

• lisboy
    lisboy Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2015
    Options

That's fantastic Tracey. You will regain your strength over the next weeks. It is wonderful finishing the chemo hurdle! I am now 5 weeks out from Taxol and feeling pretty good. All the best for the next part of the treatment. 

Lisa

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Lisa, it's good to hear that the energy returns from someone who's been there. Looking forward to getting through the next hurdle. Sending you a cuddle, Trace ??

• Kazzi
    Kazzi Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tracey!!

Well done.  Sequin slippers and favourite lippy, I love your style!  You're doing good, girl!!

I'm rocking the Russian hat look right now, half way through my chemo, (due to finish late August), then recovery and radiation.  My rads oncologist recommended moogoo for your skin.

Take it easy over the next few days with your tummy and body pains. 

Big hugs,

Karen xx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey it is so good to have another milestone. It is a long trip and the only way we get through it all is to take it one day at a time. I remember my last chemo and that feeling of relief. Take care rest up for the next bitxxx

• kazza4450
    kazza4450 Member Posts: 159
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hey Tracey.

I've also heard moogoo cream available from chemists is good to. Apparently it's good to start using it on your breast a few weeks before radiation xx