TIRED !

Options
Hawks
Hawks Member Posts: 6
edited June 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi all, nearly 4 weeks since I finished chemo, 4 doses ,start radiation next week for 4 weeks, but am finding im really tired. I am working (light duties) reasonably full time as a practice manager busy pod clinic.  ive been trying to get out for brisk 45 min walk as i would usually do but have very little stamana Just wondering am i overdoing it or is this heavy tiredness normal reaction from the chemo. 

Cheers Sandra 

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Sandra, Yes, you probably are overdoing it and yes, chemo takes ages to get over.Radiation will take it out of you too but not as much as chemo.Just listen to your body and rest when you need to.I know it's frustrating but you have to be patient,go with the flow and let your body recover.It took me about 2 mths to get abit of energy back after chemo and about 2wks after radiation completion. But we are all different and I didn't work during treatment,so I got to rest a lot. good luck for next week and be kind to yourself. Tonya xx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi yes tired is pretty normal, I look back to last year and don't how I worked. I just tried to keep moving forward. Tonya is right you need to rest I used to get to 8 at night and have a nanna nap, my husband used to laugh at me because 1 min I would be talking to him and then I would be asleep.Take care

• Hawks
    Hawks Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks Tonya and Rowdy, for your advice and support.Definatly will be cutting back from now on. Im the same a nana nap in the chair usually refreashes me. 3pm  im usually start to feel the tirdness set in. But as us woman do we push on.Restkng  ore will definatly on the agenda. 

cheers Sandra

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Sandra

yes I think you are over doing it. I also worked throughout chemo, only part time but it really took a toll. To be honest I'm not sure how I managed it. I worked 4 days a week during radiation but it was after radiation had finished that I fell in a heap. Fortunately this was over the Christmas break and I was able to take some time to recoup.  I finished herceptin last week and I still have days where I just have to stop. I think the heavy tiredness is part and parcel of treatments but you need to listen to your body and rest when you have to. Good luck. 

Karen xox