I'm new here and want to chat to someone

Options
Arleene
Arleene Member Posts: 238
edited June 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Ladies,

I have my surgery on the 24th of this month and I'm hoping for good news when I get the pathology reports back I hope my bc doesn't get upgraded from Early Stages bc Stage 1 to stage 2 or worse, but I have great support in my family and friends but my poor little dog Chicko last friday had 9 tumours removed from his little body and we found out they were all cancerous now we have to wait till monday to find out where the primary cancer in his little body is he's only 12 little dogs are supposed to have long lives, my cancer is Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 1 hopefully it won't get worse but who knows, we just hope for the best and I have an amazing Surgeon and I trust him enormously he's been my surgeon for years so there's a trust there, hope someone messages me back really need to chat.

Anita.

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hello Anita and welcome to the online network! This is the best place for support and advice,as you begin your BC experience:) I am truly sorry to hear of your little dogs illness.Those of us that love animals understand just how devastating a pets illness can be.It is really great that your BC is so early.I was diagnosed 18 months ago now with grade 2 IDC.I am so well now it's unreal.Once your treatment gets underway you will feel much more in control and I feel that you will realise that there is nothing to be afraid of.BC is so treatable nowadays ,and most ladies go on to live long and very healthy lives.Please stay in touch on here.Cheers Robyn

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Anita, sorry to hear about your little dog, I hope it all turns out alright, I have a friend who is battling Hodgkins Lymphoma and she just recently had to put her dog down due to cancer as well. Most distressing. As for your cancer, try not to worry too much about what the pathology will be after the op. Sounds like you have a great surgeon and having confidence in him is very important. Once you have a treatment plan, your path will become clearer, take care, 

Hazel xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Anita and welcome to the online network. You'll be able to get some really good information and awesome support. I hope that your results are not too bad and that your treatment goes well. Keep logging in, as there are some great conversations happening, you'll learn heaps. Cheers, Tracey B

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Anita

sorry you've joined the club but you will find this site a wonderful source of support. Wow, what a double whammy for you! How distressing! Our dogs are our family. I do hope your little pup will be ok.

Regardless of what type your cancer is, it is confronting and definitely a hell of a process to go through. Fortunately these days, treatments are more doable and success rates are good. Hang in there honey. Remember there will always be someone on here who has been there and done that. Take care. Karen xox

• Steph Fletcher
    Steph Fletcher Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hello Anita, thanks for sharing. It sounds like a very overwhelming time for you at the moment. As some of the ladies have written, you have come to the right place for comfort and reassurance. This online community is very special, the ladies on here are an incredible source of gentle guidance, support and understanding so please don't hesitate to keep coming back and letting us know how you get on. Please let me know if you have any information requests that I might be able to provide you with regarding your treatment. We have a great range of resources that may provide you with some comfort during this time. Thinking of you and your Pup X Steph