First Post

Options
leapyleeee
leapyleeee Member Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in Health and wellbeing

I was diagnosed on the 26th March (My nephews birthday). I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node removed on the 15th May. Under anesthetic I had a severe allergic reaction the the Methaline Blue dye put in to find the node, this meant I stayed in hospital for 4 days instead of overnight. I was told in regards to the op though everything had gone well. I went back for my post op on June 2nd (My nieces birthday) and was floored to hear that I need to go back to hospital on the 12th June to have all of the nodes taken as there was a microscopic cell of cancer found. And I will need 4-5 months of chemo too. I will do all that has to be done though. And I am inspired reading all the posts here and on other Breast Cancer forums. Its so good to have an outlet. PS I received my drain bag and little silver soft pillow and I used it for the first time in bed last night, what an amazing sleep I had.

Comments

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that you've already experienced some of the curve balls that breast cancer is so good at throwing at us. I just wanted to welcome you to this site which I've found an amazing source of wisdom and inspiration over the past couple of years and to encourage you to ask, or just talk over any concerns you have as you travel down this path, we are all here to support you :-) Glad you also got your little pillow, they are a wonderfully practical gift and I used mine for many months. Best wishes, Jane xx   

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi I know how you feel , you think ok they said all went well and then the pathology comes back and its not good.

This happened to me, you will get there just one day at a time. Keep a diary as the appontments start to mount up and you feel like it will never end. This is a good spot to ask questions and chat to others who know how you are feeling.

Good luck for your surgeryx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi I know how you feel , you think ok they said all went well and then the pathology comes back and its not good.

This happened to me, you will get there just one day at a time. Keep a diary as the appontments start to mount up and you feel like it will never end. This is a good spot to ask questions and chat to others who know how you are feeling.

Good luck for your surgeryx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi, welcome to the network, sorry to hear that things didn't go smoothly for you. You do sound positive and that's a good thing. You can do this and we are all here if you have any questions or just need to vent. Chemo can be a tough gig, but it is doable. All the best for the 12th, after that you will have your treatment plan, take care, 

Hazel xx