Facial hair after chemo!

Options
Fiona 46
Fiona 46 Member Posts: 15
edited March 2015 in Health and wellbeing

8 weeks past 16 chemo sessions & 2 weeks past 30 radiations,  just started exemestane hormone treatment & on Herceptin until December. (Grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, 7 positive nodes, extra nodal) Hair on head growing in with lots of grey, very little before I lost it :( But noticed lots of pale to dark fuzzy facial hair down cheeks & near eyes (as if everything else wasn't bad enough). Very self conscious about it & making me upset. Has other people experienced it, what did you do and did it go away? (if it went away how long did it take) x

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fiona:) I am on Tamoxifen,but not long after I started it,I noticed this facial hair,kind of like peach fuzz,round the side of my face.At the same time,there was a blog post on here about the same thing.Several ladies came on and they also were experiencing this.I think you will find its not from chemo,but from the hormone medication.I read somewhere that it's common.The only ' good' thing about it is that it doesn't get any worse.I just leave mine alone,because I'm scared that it might grow more if I remove it!!!!!Maybe just use a hair removal cream? Cheers Robyn

• Fiona 46
    Fiona 46 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn, as if we didn't have enough to go through. Might look at the hair removal creme but will google it a bit first. :)