Searching for the positives

Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

The past week or so has been a challenge to staying connected on here. I guess part of the frustration has been that feeling of helplessness that we all know so well from our dealings with Breast Cancer. It was not possible, no matter how hard we tried, to 'fix this'. We had to just trust that those who could, would eventually get it sorted.

But just as we eventually realise that there are things we can do to help ourselves get through treatment, I have found there are things I can do to help myself stay connected and get something positive out of the network while we wait for it to be fully functional again.

For a start I can still read and respond to people's posts (although I find that if I use the reply function rather than the comment function my reply goes missing, is this just me?). I have read some amazing posts just in the last week that have helped me to feel inspired. By responding to people who have been searching for information to help them through a difficult moment I can still feel helpful.

I don't find it helpful to dwell on what is not working (I can't change this and just have to hope that 'the experts' are working it out) but just persist in finding ways to still be able to read posts and respond if I feel I might be able to help in some way. I find it inspiring that so many of us are persisting through this difficult time and still doing our best to stay positive and share our experiences, the good and the bad. Thanks to all those who are still posting and commenting. We will get through this.

?? Deanne xxx

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

Hi Deanne,

Absolutely the best attitude to have - they will get there in the end.

You are right about the Reply link - mine disappeared into the ether this morning while trying to answer someone.  Will use Comment in future.

So glad you are sticking with it - the newbies need you!

xxx Michelle

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Deanne,

Thanks for your feedback especially about the 'Reply' issue. A couple of members logged this with us last week and we are looking into it. As this is not an issue for every user it is one of those issues that we need to investigate and identify why it is happening. We are not actually loosing the reply's they are just not appearing! V frustrating I know and we are trying to fix asap. Like Michelle said I am so glad you are 'sicking' with it and continuing to support the online network. ~ Daina

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited March 2015

Well said as always Deanne. I have had many moments of frustration this last week. Espescially with out breast reconstruction group. However I am going to try hard and remain positive and trust that the experts will sort it all out soon. You are right we can still reply to posts and blog posts ourselves. My mantra when I was going through treatment which I think I have posted before was "This too shall pass."

thanks for reminding me to remember that. 

Paula x