Give it a chance

Options
Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited March 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone

We all can see that there are obviously a few issues to sort with the new website. Change can be difficult to handle as we well know with the changes we all experience as a result of BC. I think we need to be mindful of what new members need at this time though. How must it feel to be connecting at this time with many people critical and very negative about the changes?

Of course it is only right that we communicate the issues that are arising from the change to the new website but we can do this without attacking BCNA. I am sure that no one is more upset with the difficulties than the staff who I am absolutely sure are doing their very best to sort this out. Let's just give it some time and remember that today will be the day that some poor women find out they have BC. Let's just try to be there for them as the network issues get sorted. We can still post and make comments and I am finding my way slowly around the new site. In some ways it is actually simpler and I kind of like the big print (I can almost read it without my reading glasses!)

Finger's crossed that everything gets sorted quickly. I know that will be everyone's aim. Meanwhile if you are new here please give it a chance as this network is a fantastic support to so many people facing the uncertainty that being diagnosed brings. Take care everyone. Deanne xxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I posted earlier this morning but can't see it so I guess I stuffed up.It's really confusing so some simple instructions would be good. I worry that any new ladies who manage to find their way onto this network may not get a welcome because us"oldies'don't know what we are doing. Tonya 

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Tonya,
    Yes us oldies are having some problems. I have had trouble with replies to people's comments. They do not seem to show up or post properly. My post would not post until I put something into the 'tag' section. I dare say we will get it sorted but I hope it does not result in people not getting the support they need. I think I can post on my blog and comment ok. :) Deanne xxx
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You're not wrong about that!!! I have no clue what I'm doing.I can't even see the latest posts?? I think a step by step thingy that we could follow might be helpful.Robyn
  • Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options

To create a post I just clicked on the pink 'post' to the right towards the top of the page. It then comes up with choices of whether you want to post in your own blog or in one of the groups you belong to. Click on 'my blog' or the group you want to post in and then just type in your post title, the tags and your actual post. Then click on post and you are done.

I think some content was lost in the transition but I can see all the current posts and if you scroll down you can go back to previous pages and see the other posts in date order.

Maybe we can share how to do things as we work it out and help each other. ??

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

I did send a message to a new lady who was having problems with the system but I cannot see it so hope other newcomers are not finding it too hard so give up and therfore not join this wonderful group of ladies.

Deanne, your blog upset me.  Yes, change affects people in different ways but I feel is was a bit silly to relate having BC and life changes with the changes of a computer system.

BCNA could post a simple set of user instructions for 'oldies' and an explanation of the current difficulties for 'newcomers' on the front page and that would save lots of stress and unhappiness.

A friend rang me to say her blog has not appeared at all and she feels they are vetting posts.  Maybe you are one of the favoured few ?

Life is good, we all have our own challenges and those of us who have connected on a more personal level will continue to support each other through emails, phone calls and meetings.

Take a moment to laugh today.

(Had a great photo to insert but it won't work - sorry)

Summer  :-)     :-)

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Summer

It was not my intention to upset anyone, quite the reverse in fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but obviously I did not think it was silly to compare the changes of the network to the changes that BC brings as this network has been a real life line for me. To not have the network running properly is extremely difficult for those needing support right now. Change is hard enough at any time but when your life is upended by BC it can be really hard to manage any further difficulties.

I am pretty sure that BCNA are not vetting anybody's posts and have had 2 replies go missing myself. There are definitely a lot of teething problems but I do not see this as a them vs us situation. I don't understand that way of thinking. No one is deliberately causing problems. What would be accomplished by this?

Yes it would have been good to put up some simple explanations to help all of us and I think this is a good suggestion. The aim of my post was to encourage people to communicate in helpful, constructive ways. We all seem to be experiencing different issues and if we persist, ask questions and give it some time we will hopefully all get through this transition and things will work out.

In the scheme of things it's just a small hiccup and I was just trying to get that perspective out there again because in the long run this has been such a great network for all and it will be again once we all get sorted. 

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

I like the new look, but login 3 times, cause I lost myself .... new things are good, changes are good.

Stay positive.

Rosanna

• Roby
    Roby Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have not been on here for a little while and came for a catch up. Had trouble, thinking I was on the wrong site. Password would not work very confusing as I am finding it very hard to find anything. Hopefully for new users it may be easier as they had not been used to the old site.