Grandkids

Options
Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited April 2011 in Day to day

HI everyone,

Just wanted to share a pic of my 10 month old grand daughter Helana. I have a grand son about to explode into the world any minute. I'm just so excited and changed the profile pic as I'm sick of looking at myself. 

I'm waiting for the effects of the docetaxel to wear off. Sick of numb feet, fingers, lips and tongue.  Typing is hard when you cant feel your fingers. But everyday I'm feeling bit better in myself and looking forward to some more grand children to fuss over.

Well I better think about what to cook for dinner.

Catch you all again soon

Chrissy D :) xoxox

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

O she is just gorgeous! Don't you burn your fingers cooking dinner Chrissy. How's the hair-any sign of it yet?

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

O she is just gorgeous! Don't you burn your fingers cooking dinner Chrissy. How's the hair-any sign of it yet?

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tonya xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Aww, Chrissy, what a cutie! :)

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes she is a special little princess. My hair or peach fuzz as I call it is starting to sprout.  Its about 5 mm long in places.  Yes cooking is a challenge when you have little feeling in your fingers. But I managed to make spag bol ok. I imagined it tastes ok as I have very little taste still.

I have just heard from my youngest daughter who is due to give birth. She has started labour and looks like I may be nanna again by the end of the day. What a great Good Friday present.

Take Care

I'll let you all know what and when things happen.

Chrissy D :)   HAPPY EASTER.

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Grandchildren are our blessing.  I hope they live close by to you.  My little grandson is about to turn 1 on 5th May and I am really upset that I won't be able to be there for his birthday in Brisbane.  My next chemo is 27th April.  I am ready for my next round of "war".XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Grandchildren are our blessing.  I hope they live close by to you.  My little grandson is about to turn 1 on 5th May and I am really upset that I won't be able to be there for his birthday in Brisbane.  My next chemo is 27th April.  I am ready for my next round of "war".XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

O that's bad timing Leonie,what a shame.Chemo certainly disrupts your life. Yes,it's very much like a military take over of your body but you just have to hope it's doing the same thing to any stray cancer cells.Have a good Easter anyway and eat lots of chocolate before your taste buds go awol again.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

How exciting- keep us posted.

Tonya xx

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone, Happy Easter.  This morning the easter bunny brought me a brand new grandson. All healthy and well. 6lb 11oz . Mum and dad well. Nanna as proud as punchand excited. They have called him Emil Dace Fleiter. He has reddish-brown curly hair and all the fingers and toes in the right places. I am yet to see him as he is in Rockhampton and I'm in bundy. But Pictures are going to be uploaded today sometime. 18 hour labour but smooth sailing according to my daughter.

What a high i'm on, cant wait to hold him.

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

What wonderful news Chrissy & much better than getting a choc egg that you can't taste lol.  Todays technology sure is great. . .bet you can't wait to see pics of your grandson. So happy for you.

Loretta xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations Chrissy-that's great news.What a great Easter pressie.I think you are over the bad times and good times are rolling in now.

Tonya xx

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran,

We used to live across the road from the kepnock high school in novakoski st. Wow you are breeding well since you moved away. Good for you. I found my hubby in bundy and havent looked back since. Funny how things turn out. We are going to Rocky tomorrow to see our newest grandson.

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

WOW We were at no 22 novakoski street  and had a signwriting business. next door to the Holden family