Hi from New Zealand

Options
grannygilly
grannygilly Member Posts: 2
edited April 2011 in Community news and events

Hi,

I'm enjoying exploring this amazing website that BCNA has developed.  The wealth of information and the online network are sure to be helping many women get through their breast cancer experience feeling well supported. 

We have a great diversity of breast cancer groups in New Zealand but nothing quite like BCNA.  Well done!

I was diagnosed in 1989 and have stayed free of cancer since then - long enough to now have some grandchildren. I feel very lucky.

Cheers,

Grannygilly

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi gilly and welcome to the site!  :)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi gilly and welcome to the site!  :)

• grannygilly
    grannygilly Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di,

Just wondering how to join the new private New Zealand group - can you advise please?

Thanks,

Gillian

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Gilly, sorry for the slowness replying, I've been on holidays. :)    If you want to ask to join a private group, best way is to send a personal message to the facilitator and ask if they take new members (some don't but there's no problem at all with asking).  To do that, just go to the group's page, click on the facilitator's name (on the left side of the page under the big picture), and on the left side of her profile, you'll see a link labelled 'send a message'.   Just explain who you are and why you'd like to join and take it from there.   Let me know if you get stuck.   ~Di.