Emotional

Options
nicole h
nicole h Member Posts: 120
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing
I'm just a blubbering mess today. Can't explain it. Crying over nothing.

I'm over being strong for everyone else. I'm sick of having to justify how I feel. Everyone else is allowed to be cranky or rude for no reason why can't I.? I don't know why I'm extra sad today I just am. I think Shelly, my beautiful sister that died 1/8/14, was the lynch pin of our family. Maybe it's tears for her today.

Just needed to put this on paper in the hope that it would help. Thanks for listening. Nicole x ?

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are definitely allowed to have your emotional times. And you know what, even though our husbands don't always know what to say or do when we are like this I think they do understand.

Gosh, chemo drugs in your system, grieving for your beautiful sister, dealing with BC, not to mention everyday 'normal' stresses of life! They really should be handing out gold medals for everyday that you get through at the moment. I found I just needed to retreat into a little cocoon to get through treatment.

You need to be kind to yourself and when you have a better day, a little reward can boost you along. I remember one day I had an absolute craving for hot chips. It was winter and we lived a good 25 minutes from the nearest take away. So my husband and daughter came with me and we got fish and chips and sat in the car at a park and had a picnic! It was only simple but I felt so much better for my little reward!

Hope tomorrow is a better day on your 'BC roller coaster'.
    Take care. Deanne xxx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm still crying over my mum who died in May and I'm NOT on chemo as well.No wonder you are upset- just wallow in it till you are all cried out.I'm with Deanne- buy yourself a treat each week for coping with chemo.Go into survival mode and just look after yourself.Give instructions from the couch! Tonya xx
  • shat
    shat Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yeh I'd say it is definitely not 'nothing' you are crying about. More like everything!

Have you had hormonal changes to deal with too?. I have my kids on school holidays and have a 0 tolerance threshold. Poor bugggers. Then I feel all guilty then sad etc etc,,,,

It really drags on hey? and in your case even more so..I hope something swings your way soon.

Tanya

• nicole h
    nicole h Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Here's hoping for a better day today.