Mental health

Options
audrey.farnham
audrey.farnham Member Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in Health and wellbeing

After the surgery in october 2013 I did go to a mood group and was refered to a Psychologist I had ongoing mental problems dealing with bc totally alone, my partner left after two years of the first diagnosis in 2000, this has destroyed my trust in people, I have become a recluse these last few years, I had thought once the cancer was gone I would just get on with my life, so many people call it their journey and how much they have changed and improved their life, I just feel totally alone sad and isolated, due to the ongoing pain I have not been able to work for 14 years.

Comments

• Wendyj
    Wendyj Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Audrey

Yes it can be a lonely at times. I live on my own and do not have family over here. But i Do have a small group of incredibly supportive friends. Even so no one can walk in my shoes so that is where you can feel lonely at times. I have to say I used to get asked what my aha moment was when I was first diagnosed and how I had changed and what I was going to do differently. I didn't have that epiphany moment. I have since been diagnosed with secondaries recently and feeling a bit lost and alone. However I have joined a support group in the area and also getting counselling. If you are able to find a support group or a group unrelated to BC but an acitivity group or volunteer group  this may help. Don't feel bad about how you are feeling there is no right or wrong way to deal with this