Forum Discussion
LynJoan
9 years agoMember
Discussion
Hi , This is my first time on this site, and I hope to get some other ladies who have had to make this decision as well. I am 68 and had early Breast Cancer, the cancer was 10 cm in the left breast. ...
lgray3911
9 years agoMember
Hi LynJoan I was diagnosed in Feb this year and was told I would need a single mastectomy. I opted for a double mastectomy which my surgeon wasn't that keen on doing but a single just didn't sit right with me. My gut instinct was telling me to follow my heart and have a double mastectomy and I have no regrets. My reason for doing so was that I knew if I left it there every little bump or pain or strange feeling would have me worrying myself sick. I have two small children and don't have time to be stressing out about cancer coming back in the second breast. That's just me. It's your choice. Trust your gut instinct. Good luck xx