Forum Discussion
Twiggy34B
8 years agoMember
Not diagnosed but awaiting
3 months ago lesion on right breast was picked up incidently on Lung CT scan for my then illness i had. I had ultrasound with radiologist which radiologist said was probably cyst bur did FNA after i asked for it due to my mother having very early stages breast cancer in her 30s and her aunts died of them 1 in mid 30s and one over 60. My cousin on my fathers side died in early 40s mid december last year as it spread to her brain from breast. The FNA result 3 months ago came back inconclusive with bloody cells so was referred to breast surgeon who recommended follow up ultrasound/mammogram in 3 months time. That time came 2 days ago on 17th May in morning. Ultrasound picked up 5 new tumors in right breast along side with existing 6th tumor that was tested inconclusive. My left had 2 new ones one near armpit and one on side not so far from it towards bottom of breast. Radiologist checks with doc and they said mammogram to be done so had it done straight up. Next morning i already had docs appt for something else but she already had report from mammogram and one was already sent to breast surgeon. Mammo report confirmed all 9 are solid tumors and suspects it to be fibroadenomas and i have to wait for what doctor surgeons recommendations which is Tuesday afternoon. (Im 34 mum of 4 and looking for anyone that had similar issue and all was fine? If i am on wrong page for this sort of thing please accept my appologies and let me know which direction or page i should go on?
97 Replies
- primekMemberYou will need the family history for the genetics people but he can refer. But don't worry your GP can regardless. The outcome doesn't need to be known right now but be good to know for the future. I hope you have results and a plan soon. Its not uncommon for women to have benign tumors removed so ask sgain about that.
- Twiggy34BMember@onemargie, i asked for surgical removal too and no go. Will be exploring some options but in mean time will just focus on the core biopsy on the one he wants to focus on. I will make sure the results go to the gp as well.
- Twiggy34BMember@SoldierCrab, thank you i had a chat to them just then.
- kmakmMember@onemargie No! Wish I had but I didn't think of it. Mind you, I stood in the bedroom window to get good light so if any of the neighbours were looking they sure would have had a show! ;)
- onemargieMember@kmakm did i you put on some backup music while you got your gear off love! Maybe a bit of Aerosmith sweet emotion or joe cocker you can leave your hat on lol really hope you’re on the mend soon. Big hug Margie x
- onemargieMemberHi there @Twiggy34B after all that waiting still more waiting !! I don’t know how you do it. Can you not just get them surgically removed anyway to triple check ? I admire your patience love. I’m a nurse and I have no patience at all! And you’d have to put a lighter Spin on it hey or you’ll go crazy. Big hug. Margie x
- SoldierCrabMemberTwiggy34B you might want to chat with the helpline tonight they are very good and listening and helping us make choices and giving more information for specific things
BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258
If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information or support please call 1800 500 258. The Helpline is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am till 5 pm EST and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am till 9 pm EST.
Soldiercrab - Twiggy34BMemberI am considering second opinion. Just need to drive a distance which i do anyway and get my gp to do a referral. I will still go ahead with core biopsy this thursday morn as planned just so i have a result for 1. I def most not happy with the outcome especially when i asked for genetic testing and he said i need info from all my relatives cancer info???
- kmakmMemberIf you are not happy with what him you should seek a second opinion. Is that something you could see yourself doing?
- Twiggy34BMemberPicks 1 tumor out of 9 for core biopsy and it happens to be the same one that was biopsied 3 months ago result inconclusive..why the heck did he wait 3 months for core biopsy is beyond me. 8 tumors didnt interest him for biopsy even i argued him for them all to be biopsied too. I felt i was a joker and a kid in the room. Felt like taking my top of drawing maps of the tumors where they are on my boobs and play minefield battle with this dude.