Modelling! :-)

yetbeung
yetbeung Member Posts: 167
edited January 2014 in General discussion

Since my last session of chemo, I've been trying to think of ways to perk myself up... and back in the day when I was younger, skinnier and had more hair, I used to enjoy planning photoshoots with photographers, playing dress-ups, experimenting with crazy make up and generally acting like a twit in front of the camera in the hopes that something awesome would result :-) 

I had decided a couple of years ago that I didn't really stand out enough to have something to offer for photoshoots, I was getting passed up for younger, skinnier, more experienced girls with a more unique look. Which was fine by me, I just figured that it was fun while it lasted and I have some cool photos to show for it!

Well, just for laughs, I put up a notice on a modelling website that I used to go on a fair bit - saying that I was now bald due to chemo, wanting to update my photos and create something amazing with makeup artists and photographers, have a bit of fun and hopefully inspire others....not expecting any result...

So I got swamped with responses and am now working out some very interesting photoshoots with great photographers and makeup artists...also the possibility of some paid work modelling for a photography workshop being held here in Melbs...!

What fun :-) hopefully I can help make something beautiful come from this horrible thing...I'll share some photos whe I can...

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    This is amazing!Good on you.You see? Your great attitude,never giving in,always looking for something...and look where it has taken you! Make sure you post some photos!I love reading upbeat posts:) xoxox Robyn
  • Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015

This sounds like a great way to use your obvious creativity, have fun and hopefully earn some money. I had been wracking my brains about earning money at home to respond to your previous post and thinking about playing to your strengths, including using your writing skills (your blogs are great to read!), but this looks way more exciting. Congratulations. Maybe combining your writing with the pictures could also be worth exploring down the track.

Viv

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015

Go figure! You get swamped when you are bald and feeling crook from chemo. Well good for you-turning the cancer thing into a positive.You have a beautiful face and actually look good bald -some of us can't carry the bald look too well. I look forward to seeing your photo shots -move over Miranda Kerr!! Now if you get famous,you can't forget your daggy BCNA friends. Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Go figure! You get swamped when you are bald and feeling crook from chemo. Well good for you-turning the cancer thing into a positive.You have a beautiful face and actually look good bald -some of us can't carry the bald look too well. I look forward to seeing your photo shots -move over Miranda Kerr!! Now if you get famous,you can't forget your daggy BCNA friends. Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    You have me laughing out loud Tonya!I agree,but who said anything about daggy?! Haha.
  • TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Well Robyn,I can't really see your face in your pic so you can just get put into the"daggy"category along with the rest of us!!     Tonya xx

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Very daggy!lol
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    With that beautiful face you'll be a cover girl soon for sure :) You go girl. Like Tonya said, don't forget your daggy BCNA friends when you're famous. Ha ha.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    With that beautiful face you'll be a cover girl soon for sure :) You go girl. Like Tonya said, don't forget your daggy BCNA friends when you're famous. Ha ha.
    Love Janey xxx
  • yetbeung
    edited March 2015
    I roared laughing when l read the "daggy" comments...lm about to crawl into bed with old PJs on, & bedsocks & a beanie knitted for me by my nan. Im so the daggiest person l know :-p

Im treating this like the Look good, Feel better workshop, except it will happen more than once, & l might get a nice photo or two out of it! I just really like the idea of playing dress ups, & escaping from reality for a bit.

I'm definately not "cover girl" material anymore, as far as that goes lm old, wrinkly, wobbly & now can't even rely on my awesome boobs as they're now lopsided & sporting more than a few scars! lol

PS. Just to show how daggy l am, l'll upload my 3rd chemo photo...its what lm in now!
  • yetbeung
    edited March 2015

• yetbeung
    edited March 2015

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,315
    edited March 2015
    I have to agree with all the above comments. You look stunning bald!!! Good on you for finding a silver lining in all this and hopefully a bit of cash to help tide you over whilst unable to work.
    Good luck.
    Paula :)
  • TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    You just made daggy look sexy! Tonya xx