Amazing support

LucVia
LucVia Member Posts: 16
edited January 2014 in General discussion

WOW, this has been amazing, I joined my frist group today and wrote a post asking for advice on chemo... the support has been amazing, I have wonderful support from family and friends but felt that no one really understood how I was feeling and what I am going through. However here I have found everyone understands me and knows exactly how I am feeling and therfore know exactly what to say and what I need to hear. Thank you so much for this online support group it is amazing!!

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015

A big welcome to this network-I'm glad you found us.You will get lots of info and support from your "pink sisters" here.I don't know where you are up to in your bc journey but I hope it is going ok for you.Best wishes,big hug, Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015

A big welcome to this network-I'm glad you found us.You will get lots of info and support from your "pink sisters" here.I don't know where you are up to in your bc journey but I hope it is going ok for you.Best wishes,big hug, Tonya xx

• LucVia
    edited March 2015

Thank you for you kind words Tonya, I am due to start my first round of chemo next week. Was diagnosed late november and have thus far had a lumpectomy and axillary dissection to my left breast.

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015

Glad you have found us on the network, it's invaluable how much everyone understands what we are feeling. Hope everything goes alright for you with your treatment, take care,

Hazel xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015

Glad you have found us on the network, it's invaluable how much everyone understands what we are feeling. Hope everything goes alright for you with your treatment, take care,

Hazel xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    I think I've got your name right from your previous post which I read earlier today. You had many lovely pink sisters reply to you so I thought I'd wait and welcome you later. So welcome :).

Yes I was blown away by the support, love and friendship from complete strangers. But no longer strangers because we have a common enemy and we all understand exactly how each of us is feeling. It's great to be able to come on here and just chat, rant and rave if you want, ask questions or just tell your story. There's no judgement just understanding.

Judy I know you were worried about going through chemo and whether it would make a difference to you chances of recurrence. I think we can all relate to that. When I was strongly advised to have chemo, it scared the crap out of me. But as I think some of our ladies said, I just couldn't 'not' do it and then kick myself if I did get a recurrence. Whatever you decide is the right choice for you though so trust yourself.

Good luck on this roller coaster of a journey and if you decide to go ahead with chemo, there are some great blogs on the 'getting started' group. Good advice on preparation and during.

Lots and love
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    I think I've got your name right from your previous post which I read earlier today. You had many lovely pink sisters reply to you so I thought I'd wait and welcome you later. So welcome :).

Yes I was blown away by the support, love and friendship from complete strangers. But no longer strangers because we have a common enemy and we all understand exactly how each of us is feeling. It's great to be able to come on here and just chat, rant and rave if you want, ask questions or just tell your story. There's no judgement just understanding.

Judy I know you were worried about going through chemo and whether it would make a difference to you chances of recurrence. I think we can all relate to that. When I was strongly advised to have chemo, it scared the crap out of me. But as I think some of our ladies said, I just couldn't 'not' do it and then kick myself if I did get a recurrence. Whatever you decide is the right choice for you though so trust yourself.

Good luck on this roller coaster of a journey and if you decide to go ahead with chemo, there are some great blogs on the 'getting started' group. Good advice on preparation and during.

Lots and love
    Janey xxx
  • LucVia
    edited March 2015

Thank you for your support Janey. My husband told me last night that he can already see the change in me after joining, and that I seem more positive and hopeful. I will look for the 'getting started' group and read their blogs for help, thank you for the suggestion.

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015

I so remember the start of my chemo I was so scared, when I arrived the nurse gave me something to settle me down I was a wreck.

I too didn't want chemo, I had watched others before me go through it and it was just not in my plan, but cancer has its own mind and it has nothing to do with what you want.

After listening to the doctors and talking with my family I went ahead and yes it was unpleasant but here I am finished with all my surgeries and treatment and back to as normal a life as I can have. We survive it with so much love and support from these ladies.

We are all here in your corner ready to help if needed.

Sending hugs

Donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015

I so remember the start of my chemo I was so scared, when I arrived the nurse gave me something to settle me down I was a wreck.

I too didn't want chemo, I had watched others before me go through it and it was just not in my plan, but cancer has its own mind and it has nothing to do with what you want.

After listening to the doctors and talking with my family I went ahead and yes it was unpleasant but here I am finished with all my surgeries and treatment and back to as normal a life as I can have. We survive it with so much love and support from these ladies.

Sending hugs

Donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015

Sending hugs

Donna