Update on Fund Raiser

Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen my earlier post on having a fund raiser for breast cancer research so I thought I'd let you know how it all went and post some pics. We were very proud of being able to give a little back to the Cancer Council who helped me this year with counselling and support. We had about 35 people come along and a wonderful afternoon was had by all. So far we have raised over $1250 dollars. Woohoo!
Tagged:

Comments

• Janey235
    edited March 2015

We sent off all the baloons into the sky to pay tribute to all women who have or are suffering from breast cancer and in hope of a cure one day.

love to you all

Janey xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015

We sent off all the baloons into the sky to pay tribute to all women who have or are suffering from breast cancer and in hope of a cure one day.

love to you all

Janey xxx

• Casjsa
    Casjsa Member Posts: 181
    edited March 2015

Congratulations and well done Janey.  It is high time that people recognise the good that organisations such as the Cancer Council and BCNA do.  I had only taken notice of the Cancer Council because of their tireless work in promoting sun safety when my son was small and I'd never heard of BCNA until my breast cancer diagnosis.

I'll try to do my best to raise awareness for both of these organisations in my future endeavors.  It's the least I can do too.

Love to you Janey, it's people like you who keep the much needed help, happening.

Cas xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Total now up to $1330. I'm very pleased considering we we only banking on about $600. Some of the local business contributed small prizes too so that was great.
    Janey xxx
  • yetbeung
    yetbeung Member Posts: 167
    edited March 2015

That's great, everything looks lovely :-)

Congratulations on raising so much money, every litttle bit helps!  As I said earlier, I will certainly be doing something like that once I know how this chemo will be treating me! 

At the very least, it gives me an excuse to bake! :-P

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Janey,it looks very fancy! What a big effort and a FANTASTIC result!You should be very proud of yourself!I think this will remind and encourage the rest of us to start thinking of ways that we can contribute also.Well done!xoxoRobyn.
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Hit the button twice!
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Hit the button twice!
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Yes Bobbie. It was great baking once again. I haven't baked like that for years now. Thought I'd forget how. But it all came back to me like riding a bike. I really enjoyed it. Made me feel useful again doing something for somebody else. It's was exhausting but well worth it.
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    It was such a lovely afternoon. A bit scary though, we didn't know whether it would be a success and it started out a bit slow. My sister and I looked at each other and thought well we will have plenty to eat if not anything else. But all of a sudden things started to happen and people were everywhere.
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    I do that a lot. Or I hit save and then realise there's a booboo somewhere and edit so it then looks like I've posted something twice :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    It was a collaborative effort. It was held at my sister's Townhouse (she the one in the photo with me) and she did a marvellous job decorating and even a little cooking which is a big thing as she doesn't like cooking. She had a theme of pink, mint and white colour and she even made up little white organza gift bags with fancy twining tea sachets (of course in strawberry and mint flavour) and a pink chocolate heart as a thank you to the 35 ladies who attended and donated. My mum provided the champagne punch and was very attentive to make sure everyone had something to drink. My daughter and niece were the MCs for the afternoon and ran the raffles. It was just wonderful and letting go of the balloons at the finish was very symbolic.
    Cheers Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited March 2015
    I am in awe of you. Pulling that off even with your sister after all you have been through. You go girl!!!
    Oh yeah, you look great by the way.
    Paula :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    You're a sweetie Paula. I'll be thinking of you this Wednesday honey. I'm certain your as prepared as you can be.
    J x
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Janey. Should be in bed. I am such a night owl. Lots of last minute jobs. Have been online Christmas shopping.
    Hugs
    Paula xxxx