My sons shaving his head

KatRoberts
KatRoberts Member Posts: 51
My son was 10 when I was diagnosed back in August 2011. He was old enough to know what was going on. I've always had the policy of telling them the truth about my disease and the treatment, but never wanted to scare them or make them fearful that I was going to die.
Both my kids have handled the last two years extremely well, and I think we are closer as a family than ever.
We put a group together this year for Relay for Life, and I think seeing what the power of fundraising can do planted a seed in my sons head. He has decided that he wants to shave his head, to help raise money for breast cancer charities, and we have chosen the BCNA. So next Friday 25 October, my son, along with a couple of other brave boys, will be having his head shaved in front of his school. He's hoping to raise at least $500. The school is also turning pink for the day. I'm very excited and also super proud of my boy..
Will post photos after the event..
Tagged:

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

You are awesome Josh.I will pop a donation around to you Kat. Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

You are awesome Josh.I will pop a donation around to you Kat. Tonya xx

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015

congratulations for having such a wonderful, and caring son.  I hope it was a huge success.  Love to hear how it went! X Bel

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015

congratulations for having such a wonderful, and caring son.  I hope it was a huge success.  Love to hear how it went! X Bel

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    That is so great Kat! It sounds like you have some great community support around you and your family! Good luck Josh :-)
  • KatRoberts
    edited March 2015
    So far the amount raised is over $800. The school has asked all participants to commit to raising $100 each, and we at least 8 boys committed!! I'm so excited & so very proud of my boy..
  • KatRoberts
    edited March 2015
    Total raised as of this morning, is $3864.95.. We even made it into our local paper, the hills shire times..
    Was an awesome day and I'll post some photos once I jump on the desktop, as I don't know how from my iPad!!

Kat