A friend in need

Options
the Foxs lady
the Foxs lady Member Posts: 119

On this journey of cancer, tears have not flowed until I unwittingly let the hospital know that I would not have a carer.  The result of that was the discovery that I have kept myself to myself through this journey and done most of my treatment on my own.

To be honest, I've never thought of myself on my own as I always have the Lord with me no matter where I am.

Before cancer, for one birthday, I got four significant cards....and they were interesting.....to my best friend (from my mother)... you're my best friend (from my eldest daughter)....you're the friend I can always count on (my youngest daughter)....and to my best mate (my husband).

So when it comes to getting someone else into the "inner circle", there has not been much of a need.

I "do" for lots of people but I don't expect.  

So when I needed a carer and all my family avenues were exhausted, I had to look for a friend.

I left a message on a world travelling friend that I have and as God would have it.....she is home for 3 weeks.  The 3 weeks she is home is when I need her for two days and one night.

Without hesitation she was willing to assist and said she was thrilled to be able to give herself some special movie time while I was in theatre and hospital. 

Another friend who couldn't help as she was working offered to stay over at my Mum's place while I was in hospital so that Mum could be watched over.   

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanineG
    JeanineG Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lynne

I'm so happy to see that you have someone to care for you when you need it. Good luck with your surgery.

Sending hugs,
    Jeanine
  • JeanineG
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lynne

I'm so happy to see that you have someone to care for you when you need it. Good luck with your surgery.

Sending hugs,
    Jeanine
  • JeanineG
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Lynne

Sending hugs,
    Jeanine