Free online webinar: 'Challenging choices'

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited September 2013 in Community news and events

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about a free online webinar that's been organised by Cancer Council Victoria, that anyone around the country can participate in.

'Challenging choices: For women who are considering their options after being diagnosed as a carrier for the BRCA 1 and/or BRCA 2 gene'

NOTE: This webinar follows the webinar earlier this year, which was for anyone interested in a family history of breast cancer. The information in this particular webinar is specifically for those who have been diagnosed as a carriers of the BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 genes.

Date: Tuesday 24 September 2013
Time:
7.30 pm - 8.30 pm

Topic information:

Guest presenter, Lucinda Hossack, Cancer Genetic Counsellor at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre’s Familial Cancer Centre, will discuss issues that can arise from a diagnosis including implications for family planning and fertility, body image, preventative action (including surgery and the use of Tamoxifen) and navigating these issues if you are single or in an established relationship.

Following this, three different women who have made three different decisions, with three different outcomes, will share their stories. There will also be opportunity for discussion and participant questions.

Registration essential!

Registration is free, although it is important that anyone wishing to participate pre-registers to give an indication of numbers.

To register, complete the online Registration form on the Cancer Council Victoria website, or phone 13 11 20.

If you'd like to let someone else know about the event, you can send them a link to the BCNA event listing: http://www.bcna.org.au/bcna/event/free-webinar-breast-cancer-your-family

Di

Comments

• Judi Ann
    Judi Ann Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Di,

You have helped me before, but it's been some time since I've been on the network.  I had two messages and just cannot locate them.  I've read the 'help' pages but don't seem to be able to get to the latest messages.  I would appreciate your help.  Thanks.  Judi Ann.