Radio interview about breast reconstruction with plastic surgeon Dr Moradi

LouiseTurner
LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi ladies,

Today I had an opportunity to chat on ABC radio Central Coast with plastic surgeon Dr Pouria Moradi about breast reconstruction.

The presenter Scott Levi and his producer Caroline Perryman are keen to support my quest in making information about breast reconstruction more accessible.

They are especially keen to spread the word about the BCNA which of course we all know is a fabulous resource and support for us all.

Have a listen http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2013/08/breast-reconstruction-dr-moradi-and-patient-louise-discuss-options-.html?site=centralcoast&program=central_coast_day_shift

Dr Moradi

If you want to join our private Breast Reconstruction site to learn more about breast reconstruction or to share your story with pictures and words please follow this link and request membership http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026

cheers Louise

Tagged:

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Congratulations on your interview and thanks for bringing this very important topic to the public arena. Unfortunately though, I have tried listening to the stream from the link several times and each time it gets as far as Dr Moradi starting to speak and it loops back to the start. Is there any other way you can provide this? I will try again later on my PC. I'm currently trying on my iPad and its not working. I listened to your first interview on my iPad with no problem. Will let you know if the PC is successful.
    Thanks again for your wonderful efforts.
    Cheers
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015

Hi again Louise,

Well I was eventually able to download the whole stream on my PC. It was a very good interview I thought with you and Dr Moradi's contribution. It's fantastic that not only breast reconstruction is being brought to the general public's attention but breast cancer itself. Fantastic work Louie. Well done.

Janey xxx

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015
    I am glad you persisted and heard the whole interview. Of course now it's done I am thinking about all the things I would have liked to ask but didn't.

This Dr is very approachable and I willing to be a bit of a resource or go to Dr for our group. I am chatting with BCNA to work out how to best utilise this new opportunity. So I may have another shot.

The ABC broadcaster is putting the interview onto their facebook page soon. This may be in another format so if it is ill pop it up.

I didn't have any trouble listening to it, just clicked it and off it went. So I wasn't aware of a problem. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

Another great interview.  I had no trouble - just clicked the link for audio and away we went.  What is so great is that you are absolutely 'real' and have been there yourself - so much better than just a medical talk by a professional alone.  You have raised the bar for reconstruction information, Louie - well done!

Love, Michelle x

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015

Fantastic interview Louise, you did an awesome job talking about your personal experience. Thank you so much for promoting BCNA's support and particularly our Online Network.

We definitely have a new media star!

Laura

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015

Thanks for listening Michelle, i was quite nervous this time. It quite fun to do, but then i realise I am one of the lucky ladies who can consider reconstruction but i do not loose sight of the reason behind it all.

XXXLouie

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015

We havent chatted for a while. How are you going? I dont seem to be able to shut up lately and will talk to anyone who will listen about BC and related topics. It seems so much more important than anything I am doing at work right now which is probably where I should be focusing my energy since it pays the bills.

cheers Louise

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015

We havent chatted for a while. How are you going? I dont seem to be able to shut up lately and will talk to anyone who will listen about BC and related topics. It seems so much more important than anything I am doing at work right now which is probably where I should be focusing my energy since it pays the bills.

cheers Louise

• LouiseTurner
    edited March 2015

cheers Louise