Back to an emotional mess!

Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
I'm updating you all about my son. For those of you who don't know, my son whose almost 23 had a nipple discharge and soreness a week ago and had a recent ultrasound done. He went to the Doctor today for the results and our GP told him that there is a definite lump and because of my history she is referring him to my Breast Surgeon for further investigation. I know it could be fine but I'm having a hard time not crying about it. I'm so scared for him. He is much better than I am and said to "wait and see and no use getting upset yet". I know all this and I'm trying to be strong for him. Now I know how my Mum felt when all this started with me. We can only wait now which will 'kill' me.
Tagged:

Comments

• fungooleyruley
    fungooleyruley Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015

Hi Janey,

I have two sons in their 20's as well but I cannot begin to imagine the angst that you are feeling right now.  It certainly is not fair that you have been through your own "journey" and now this!  I'm hoping that you have plenty of support around you at the moment and I also have my fingers crossed that your son's diagnosis will be something other than bc.  It's also great that he is telling you not to get upset as it is early days.  Stay strong!

Vicki R oOo

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    I've calmed down a bit now. I do need to be strong for him. We are waiting for my Breast Surgeon's office to call back with an appointment and we can go from there. Familiar territory this waiting isn't it.

Thanks again for your support. Love Jane xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Hi Janey, I am so sorry you are having to go through this with your son, and know I would be so very worried as well if it was my son too. You are doing the right thing getting it checked out, but the odds are definitely in his favour. Whilst I know that men can get breast cancer, it is rare, and your son is young. I will keep all my fingers, toes and even eyes crossed for you. Your breast cancer diagnosis has certainly heightened your awareness about cancer in other people, and knowing that men are not immune is a good thing. A lot of men might ignore a lump or discharge because they don't know that it can happen to them, so at least your son is knowledgable enough in this area to get checked out. I will say a prayer for excellent results. Love Chris xx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Ahh Chris. Thanks so much. I feel that I can face Mat's appointment tomorrow a bit more bravely being buoyed by all you lovely Pink Ladies. I really think the BCNA website is a godsend. I don't know how I'd cope without you.
    Love Jane xx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

So sorry to hear you have this worry with your son now.When my husband was 18 years old he developed a lump the size of a golf ball under his left nipple. He thought the worst ofcourse but it ended up being benign.He has a huge scar but never had any problems with it since.I hope with all my heart that it is the same scenario for your son and you can all be relieved.Keep us posted as we will be thinking of you.    love and hugs,Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

So sorry to hear you have this worry with your son now.When my husband was 18 years old he developed a lump the size of a golf ball under his left nipple. He thought the worst ofcourse but it ended up being benign.He has a huge scar but never had any problems with it since.I hope with all my heart that it is the same scenario for your son and you can all be relieved.Keep us posted as we will be thinking of you.    love and hugs,Tonya xx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for sharing that Tonya. Makes me feel better. As I've said, you ladies are the best.
    Love heaps Jane xx