AC chemo no 3

Options
Atlanta
Atlanta Member Posts: 44
edited July 2013 in Health and wellbeing
Well, just had my third dose of AC. Was really nervous and emotional this time round. I think my brain has just caught up with the reality of what is going on! I have booked myself into a counselling session at the cance council on Monday. I think it's time to talk to talk to someone. I am trying to be strong but lately I can't find the strength. One of the hardest things is not being able to save my eggs. I wanted so much to be a mother! So for me, it's just not the cancer it's the loss of motherhood as well. From what I have been reading most of you ladies already have kids. Is there anyone in my position? I know I will start to pick up again emotionally, I usually feel quite down after I have had a dose of chemo. I assume that is how everyone feels
Vanessa (Ness) x

Comments

• Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Vanessa, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. It's great that you have made an appointment to have some counselling. I have been thinking about you ever since I read your post and struggling to write a message for you. You are right I can't begin to realise what it would be like to be told I can't have children because of BC. Are you sure you have exhausted all your options in regards to trying to save your eggs?
    Please realise I am thinking of you and you have my support, if you need to talk please contact me. Cheryle :)
  • Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Vanessa, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. It's great that you have made an appointment to have some counselling. I have been thinking about you ever since I read your post and struggling to write a message for you. You are right I can't begin to realise what it would be like to be told I can't have children because of BC. Are you sure you have exhausted all your options in regards to trying to save your eggs?
    Please realise I am thinking of you and you have my support, if you need to talk please contact me. Cheryle :)
  • Atlanta
    Atlanta Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Cheryle thanks for your message. Yes I did everything I could to save eggs. In the end due to my cancer being triple positive and spread to 10 and out of 14 lymph nodes it was a huge risk to inject hormonal drugs and save my eggs. I would have been encouraging new cancer cells to grow. It is just something I need to get over hence why I am having counselling. I know there are a lot of other people out there who can't have kids for one reason or another. I am sure the counsellor can get me through this.
    Once again, thanks for your support x