Community Liaison Officer

Options
Mich x
Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
edited April 2013 in Community news and events
Hey girlsHave you missed me lol hahahahaI flew from Perth over to Melbourne to join another 15 beautiful ladies from various areas of Oz, who like me, have now become CLO's (Community Liaison Officers).  It was an amazing few days where I learnt so much about BCNA and it's absolutely dedicated and passionate staff.  When we got to visit the BCNA Head Office I met most of the BCNA staff plus a lovely group of people who work for Bakers Delight. Bakers Delight is one of the main sponsors for BCNA along with Australia Post, Sussan's and Berlei plus others.I was made to feel special by every single person I crossed paths with over the few days.  It was empowering, enlightening, informative and has only confirmed to me what a fabulous organisation BCNA is.My family and friends have already heard me speak of BCNA on a regular basis in conversations to them, especially the online network which has been invaluable to me in helping me get through my roller coaster ride and to keep me out of the deep dark choldran of depression.  I honestly don't know how I would have managed without the huge support BCNA and it's staff and all my wonderful pink sisters who have all been their for me over the last 15 months since my BC diagnosis and I feel reassured that they will continue to be there for me in any way they can.I know I speak to many of the converted already (previously became CLO's) but now I know what it is all about and we believe we are very lucky people to have been given this great opportunity.I feel so priviledged to be a part of BCNA and I am looking forward to my continued association with them and all the wonderful inspirational people.  I hope I can make you all proud of me. Onwards and upwards to you all :-)Lots of love always, Mich xoxo

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations! I love being a community liaison and ditto to all you said about BCNA.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I showed it to my husband and said this is my Twin who lives in Sydney.  He looked puzzled until I explained - he said to leave the article and he would read it later.  Now that is a positive!!!! XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Leonie -I didn't have much time to throw it together as I was about to leave for Lismore.Sounds like your husband is "warming"to BCNA? Maybe he is puzzled cos we don;t look alike despite being twins!

Tonya xx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Tonya and Leonie for your encouraging words.  I am very proud to be a BCNA Community Liaison and to work along side you girls and all my other pink sisters out there.  Thank you for your continued support.  Onwards and upwards.Hope you are both well and happyLots of love, Mich xoxo