Symposium for those in Melbourne

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited March 2013 in Community news and events

Hi all,

Not much notice for this one, sorry (I just heard about it) but I thought I'd let you know about this Symposimum coming up on Friday in Melbourne.

I don't know much about the program, but there's a number you can call if you want to find out more:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Symposium: Art, creativity and the cancer experience 

Friday 22 March, 9-5pm, The Kenneth Myer ?Auditorium

Cost: $180; Professionals; $120 Carer’s, student, concession, lived experience.

Dr Dianne Clifton, Dr Eugen Koh, Professor ?David Kissane and Associate Professor Peg ?LeVine will present on the therapeutic role ?of art and creativity for those living with cancer.

Bookings (and enquiries, I guess)

Email: info@daxcentre.org
Phone: 9035 6258.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am about to start a project that I have been thinking of for a while.  It is 6 canvasses - mounted with wooden alphabet letters - three diamentional- colours of the rainbow.  Once I have these done I will then "post" family photos on the appropriate letters  ie  Ann, Ava, Alan.  It should look amazing.  Will send in pics when it is done.  Wet weather coming again so I should be able to get it started.  I have one big problem - little "Miss Willow" puppy. XLeonie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh! What a nice idea!  Love your creative brain. Can't wait to see the pics. :)

It's so weird that you're all having SO much rain up there and it has been as dry as toast down here.  We had a big storm last night, but then it just disappears and we have nothing for weeks on end. Time for summer to end, I think!