Pinked up!

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited September 2012 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

I have had a terrific 2 days in Melbourne doing the training to be a BCNA community liaison officer.The ladies I trained with were great fun and are now my pink sisters.I can't speak highly enough of the wonderful ladies who work at BCNA. It is a special place and their passion,commitment and empathy shines through.Although pink was never quite my colour,it is now and I shall wear it with pride. I had another proud moment today when my daughter Amy ran in the Blackmores Sydney 9k run and raised $250 for BCNA. She's pinked up too!

Tonya xx

Comments

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey darl

So proud of you!  You look awesome in your Pink and it is DEFINITELY your colour.  Tell your daughter Amy - thank you from all of us at BCNA and in particular from the sisters of Room 912.

Keep smiling

Luv H

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey darl

So proud of you!  You look awesome in your Pink and it is DEFINITELY your colour.  Tell your daughter Amy - thank you from all of us at BCNA and in particular from the sisters of Room 912.

Keep smiling

Luv H

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  Well done to you and also to your daughter.  BCNA sure is a great organisation and I am very proud to be a part of it.  See you soon XLeonie PS  I stopped taking Arimidex Saturday.  Giving myself a break until 2013.  I am so over the side effects - have just spent half an hour on the toilet though - possible side effect of withdrawal?  Could be good for dieting!!!!!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya,  Well done to you and also to your daughter.  BCNA sure is a great organisation and I am very proud to be a part of it.  See you soon XLeonie PS  I stopped taking Arimidex Saturday.  Giving myself a break until 2013.  I am so over the side effects - have just spent half an hour on the toilet though - possible side effect of withdrawal?  Could be good for dieting!!!!!

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know it's naughty but I gave myself a break off Tamoxifen when I flew to Europe.It's such a long flight and the last thing I wanted was the worry of a dvt. My doctor said not to worry about dvts but it's my body not theirs. So if you feel like a break from Arimidex,go for it. I am going backwards with the diet - put on an extra kilo in Melbourne.Ofcourse it doesn't help when my future son in law keeps bringing home bakery treats.Hopefully their house will be finished before December.We have one month now to drop a few kilos and I guess using the toilet is one way!  Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Helen- hope work wasn't too hard on you last week.

Tonya xx

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

I'm exhausted but hey I'm here - can't ask for more than that!!  

cheers

Luv H

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes,you would love the training and be perfect for the role. I think it's all about timing.I am in a good position to do this now ie: left my job so have some spare time,also have more than 2yrs distance from my last cancer episode so in a better head space now.Gosh,I hope I don't jinx myself! That little cancer worry will always linger with us - just have to keep it in it's box with a lid on it. I hope you are fighting fit and tolerating that Tamoxifen.Keep in touch.

Tonya xx

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya

Wish I could not work any more.!!  But need the money!  Did you get my message about the BCNA Conference?  Sent it via Email...hope so.

Take care...Luv H

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes,got your message,yes,going to the conference.Although I live in Sydney(further out from the cbd) my hubby and I have already booked 2 nights at a hotel not far from conference centre.

Tonya xx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya, It's been a while since I have been on here just wanted to say hi & congrats on your new role. . .one that is the perfect fit for you. I saw an article that you featured in, it was in the Body & soul part of the Sunday tele. You are a star!!

Love Loretta xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your nice comments,although I wouldn't say star- just putting it out there for the cause! How are you travelling these days?It's nice to see you pop up here online .

luv Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your nice comments,although I wouldn't say star- just putting it out there for the cause! How are you travelling these days?It's nice to see you pop up here online .

luv Tonya xx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm doing pretty well at the moment Tonya. Have returned to working full time in child care it's a new job, working in the babies room. . .love it! My hair is taking forever to grow but lookng at your latest pic gives me hope as I remember you had trouble too. Hope you are well and still enjoying not working.

Loretta xx