Free Conference Registration up for Grabs

Options
Rosemary Lee
Rosemary Lee Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Community news and events

Hi All,

Unfortunately I can no longer make the Conference days however, I have paid to attend both days so knowing what it was like to want to attend this conference but simply not being in a position to afford to (as I was not to long ago) I would like to know of someone or from anyone who would love to go to this confernece but the registration charge has put it beyond their means.

The only thing is that I have let the conference organisers know that I can no longer attend so this registration is up for grabs but I still want to attend the Gala Dinner as I really want to catch up with my pink friends and to hear how you are all going and to hear from others about what my charity may be able to do for you down the track or to at least talk to those who want to hear more about it.  The charity is called Stars with Heart (we are in the process of changing our name to Big C Support) and you can find us at www.starswithheart.org.au

So if you would like to take advantage of this free registration please email me at:  firstgypsyrose@****.au and we will take it from there but please if you can pay for your registration do the right thing and not go after this one just because it is free.

Cheers

Rosemary Lee

Founder & Voluntary CEO

Big C Support

www.starswithheart.org.au

Comments

• Rosemary Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All,

I live at Elizabeth Bay (behind Kings Cross) so know Sydney and its accommodation places pretty well.

My top recommendation for anyone coming into Sydney is the most undiscovered gem (outside of the locals) the Hughenden Hotel at Woollahra.  This place is incredibly special I was accommodated there for two weeks whilst I recovered from bilateral knee surgery about 18 months ago and it was absolutely fantastic and most unusually for any hotel in Sydney I never heard one complaint fromy any guest and only people raving about it.

It is incredibly special as it is a small Italiante mansion owned by two sisters one of whom writes children's books and the other whom illustrates so all the rooms have the most gorgeous (and most of them are originals) children's illustrations on the walls.  One of the sisters is also a breast cancer survivor and stages a huge event in Woollahra annually to raise money for various Pink charities.

If you have a chance you should check out their Library room it is wall to wall with the original illustrations many of which I am sure you will recall seeing in books when you were growing up or have since read to your kids.  I have not taken anyone into that room who has not just burst into smiles of delightful happy memories.

it is more like staying in a very warm private home but with all the servies as they have a great restaurant on the ground floor but are only a stones throw from Oxford street with all its restaurants, cafes and shops.  

At night they tend to light the place with candels and a couple of nights a week they have a pianist and occassionally a singer who plays for all the guests enjoyment.

The place is full of chesterfield lounges, log fire places and some very warm staff.  Entertainment at any time of the day is guaranteed as it is one of the few dog friendly hotels in Sydney so if they are not keeping you amused with their antics, then you can always sit out on the veranda and watching the passing parade which is always good value in the area.

Being in Woollahra you also never know who you might run into in the lounge.  They also have the papers their free of charge and it is in beautiful peaceful location with parking avaialbe, and it is across the road from Centennial Park.  As it is privately owned their rates for the area etc are absolutely fantastic and whilst I know people get reluctant to look at it as an option due to the fact that it looks like it is so far from the City it is in actual fact quite central in that it is a 2 minute walk to the bus stop that takes you into city centre.

I think they do have a rate as low as $99 per  night  at the moment which if you think normally the cheapest in the city centre is around $250 and they are not half as personal or as warm as the Hughenden and $70 that you are saving covers a lot of other expenses.

There website is:

http://www.thehughenden.com.au/specials/

By the way No I don't work for the Hughenden and I am not getting anything from this except hoping to help some of you find a nice, cheap, comfortable place to stay and if you like you can bring your dog :)

By the way if you have any concerns about where you are staying or want to know anything about Sydney do let me know happy to help you have an enjoyable time.  My email is firstgypsrose@****.au and my phone: 0414 732 698

Cheers

Rose

• Rosemary Lee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All,

I let the Hughenden Hotel know that I had recommended it on this blog to everyone who may be looking for accommodation and they have advised that if you let them know that you are staying there to attend this conference they will offer you a discounted rate - Joss was the person from the Hughendend that Responded to me and at the Hughenden they know me as Dave dog's mum Rose (and Dave is infamous for what is known as the Dave wave) so if you give them all that info hopefully they will look after you.

Most of the people staying there are people who have people in at St Vincents hospital or are down from the country so eveyrone is pretty friendly.

Cheers

Rose