Final breath

Options
Nicole2733
Nicole2733 Member Posts: 14

Dear All,

My beautiful mum passed away yesterday morning.  She'd been in hospital for the past 2 weeks and in a deep coma for the last 2 days.  I was by her side constantly, day and night.

The hardest part was to watch and listen to the breathing (the 'death rattle' so they say) - but I held her until the end.

She waited until my father and brother arrived, opened her eyes, and took her final breath.

I now have comfort knowing she is at peace.  I am an absolute mess, feel so lost, yet still feel her with me.  This journey has been, without doubt, the most difficult thing I've ever experienced in my life.  She is now at peace.  Thank you all for your support, advice and friendship.  I appreciate it more than words can say.  The contact with people on this site has been my saviour at times.  I hope to still keep in touch and if the experience and knowledge I've gained on this journey with mum can ever assist anyone, I'd be only too pleased to help.  Love to you all.  Treasure every moment with your loved ones.   

Tagged:

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Nicole

I am so sad for you and feel for you and your loved ones.  It is such a trying time for us all to have to watch someone so loved and dear in our hearts to slowly leave this world.  As you say she is at peace now and that is the most important thing and you can hold on to that.  I also know your mum would not want you to mourn too long for her.  I know if it was my daughter having to say goodbye to me I would hope she would  mourn for me but then I would want her to get on with living her life to the fullest and laugh and smile and appreciate everything good that is around her. 

I would like to share with you the wonderful news that I have recently received in that my beautiful precious daughter is pregnant with their first child and I am so elated.  I hope my happy news can at least put a smile on your face while you are going through your suffering.

I recently lost my mum to pneumonia and it is still very very raw for me so I fully understand what you are going through and I send you all my love and condolonces to you and your family at this very trying time in your lives.

Many comforting hugs coming your way.

Mich xoxoxo

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nicole,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Mum in 2002, and while I still miss her the raw heartache has passed.

Like you my Mum is at peace now and not in any pain or fighting anymore (My Mum had lymphatic cancer (also had breast cancer).

Take the time you need to grieve, love each other and rest.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ?

• Trina2706
    Trina2706 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nicole,

I am so very, very sorry to learn of your mother's passing.

I can only imagine the depth of pain you must feel to lose not just your mother but your best friend, it must be simply overwhelming. I do pray and hope that it will ease as time passes.

I do not doubt for one second that your mother is standing right by you, watching you with such love and pride. Do not be afraid to talk to her, I know that she will be listening - not just now but always. I'm sure she will always be there to support you in the same way that you have supported her during her time of need.

Thank-you so much for sharing your mother's journey with me on here, you have already taught me so very, very much. The way that you have conducted yourself throughout this battle is nothing short of remarkable and is truly a source of inspiration to me as I attempt to support my mother with her own battle. I really do hope that we can continue to keep in touch.

xxx

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm so sorry Nicole to hear of your Mum's passing.

I wish that I had something inspirational to say but I don't. I remember we corresponded about your Mum last year and I am just so sad that treatment didn't work for her. 

She would have bee so proud of you and full of love to have you by her side as she died.  

Please let yourself grieve as long and hard as you need to.  Take time to remember your Mum and the love you shared.

Sending you love,

Amanda x

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mum, Nicole.  I'm glad you had such a wonderful relationship with her, and have such strong and positive memories. Also sending love and hugs.

Di xxx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mum, Nicole.  I'm glad you had such a wonderful relationship with her, and have such strong and positive memories. Also sending love and hugs.

Di xxx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

My condolences to you Nicole.  Mums are so special and it is very hard to lose them.  My dear mum would have been 80 today.  She passed away with me by her side two years ago (in ten days time).  Your mum would have loved having you by her side when she took her last breath.  I regard it as an enormous honour to be with a loved one when they pass on.  I can only wish that my two daughters will be with me when my time comes.  Remember all the wonderful times you had with your mum. XLeonie

• Nicole2733
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you all so much for your messages of support.  Mum gave me the strength I needed to speak at her funeral and I still constantly talk to her now as I know she's listening.

It was an absolulte gift to be with her when she passed away.  It's a moment I will never, ever forget.  I find deep comfort knowing she's now at peace.

My sincere thanks to you all for your constant love, support and advice when I so greatly needed it.  I will continue to be a part of this site and pray for you all. Love Nicole.

• Nicole2733
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you all so much for your messages of support.  Mum gave me the strength I needed to speak at her funeral and I still constantly talk to her now as I know she's listening.

It was an absolulte gift to be with her when she passed away.  It's a moment I will never, ever forget.  I find deep comfort knowing she's now at peace.

My sincere thanks to you all for your constant love, support and advice when I so greatly needed it.  I will continue to be a part of this site and pray for you all. Love Nicole.