Hi! :)

Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited February 2014 in General discussion

Hiya Tonya, you're first to join (go you!), so any ideas on what we should put in our "about the group" text?

Just so you know, I've made the group posts private for now just so we don't annoy the rest of the network with any initial chatter about what we might do.  Anyone can still join, though -- they just won't see posts unless they join (hope that makes sense).

And look!  While I'm typing this, Fran has joined too!  Welcome to you as well, Fran.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

LOL!  Don't worry -- I'll give you some instructions when I have the flickr account set up.

What it boils down to is that the BCNA site doesn't have the capacity to host images the way a big site like Facebook does (it takes up a lot of bandwidth and can be expensive), so you can't upload to this site straight from your computer.  You have to upload to somewhere else on the web first, like facebook, or flickr, or photobucket -- all of which offer free hosting.

Then when you make a post or comment, you click on the little tree image you can see at the top of the comment window and paste in the URL/address of where your image is. 

I'll make up a little user guide for you to make it easier. :)

Di

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

Gratitude

Finally managed to get a link to work - cant get my flickr account to link in and this is from my FB page but it is too big and I don't know how to change it. Sorry - must go for now. Will try again next week.

I am brenmicalamgus on Flickr if anyone wants to see my stream there or I have a photography page on FB - I haven't used it much lately but will try to reactivate as it is public.  Most of my images have been going on my private account.

Love to see all the work ladies. :-)

Amanda xx

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Love that pic, manda, is it one of yours?  Do you mind if I put it up as the group pic for this week>

I haven't tried to embed stuff from flickr yet, but I'm going to give it a go this week.  Let me know if you work anything out and between us we should be able to get it working. Then I can put a bit of a 'how to' guide together for everyone.

And look at that -- the sun is finally shining this morning.  I thought it had forgotten about us! :)

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Yes Di - this is one of mine. I'll post a few more. This is posted from my FB - couldnt get Flickr to link for some reason? I was using my own account but that shouldn't make a difference.
    And yeah for sun! I was swimming at Kew when the sun peaked through into the water - very pretty.
    Amanda x
  • Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Done! Have uploaded pic.  The system cropped it a bit because it's looking for an almost square image, but I think all the best bits are still there. :)