Chemo is over!!!!

Options
Tania67
Tania67 Member Posts: 112
edited May 2012 in Health and wellbeing

It is 5 weeks since my last chemo and I sit here now thinking....did that all happen??? It feels like a dream.

For the first time in 5 months I cleaned my house yesterday...all by myself!!! It was such an awesome feeling doing this for myself and not needing any help. I never thought that house work could be such an exciting thing!

Last night I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends for the first time in over 6 months. Through the night I kept getting hot flushes so I took off my head scarf....That is the first time I have let the public see my bald head and it was quiet empowering!!! I needed to have had a couple of drinks to have the courage, but I did it.

I feel like I am finally getting my life back. Even though I am soon to have my left breast mastectomy and recon for both. My head is clearer and I am rarely sad. I dont think I have shed a tear in over a week!!! Whoo hooo!

Stay positive pink ladies. There is light at the end of the tunnel...I know cos I can see it

xxxxx

Comments

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Mitch

And yes, I promise you...you will feel like me..sooner than you think.

I know what you mean by hard slog. But today the only hard slog I have is the mild effects of marguarita's!!!!!!!!

Stay positive

xx

• Tania67
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Mitch

And yes, I promise you...you will feel like me..sooner than you think.

I know what you mean by hard slog. But today the only hard slog I have is the mild effects of marguarita's!!!!!!!!

Stay positive

xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Doesn't if feel good to be finished?  Well done.  Onwards and upwards now. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Doesn't if feel good to be finished?  Well done.  Onwards and upwards now. XLeonie

• DansBoobs
    DansBoobs Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can come clean mine if you like Baha!
    Glad you're at the end lovely. Onwards and upwards! Hurrah!