On the road with Shane

Options
Jane Barrie
Jane Barrie Member Posts: 8
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi Everyone.

Yesterday I drove to Nhill and met up with Shane Crawford and the crew.  We had a fabulous community function last night in Nhill.  Some of you may have seen the live cross to the Footy Show.  We had some of our lovely BCNA Nhill members attend the night with their partners.  Pink lady silhouettes, balloons and cut outs made the hall look fabulous and pink!  It was a great night and the Nhill community did a fantastic job of pinking up and supporting Shane and BCNA.  Well done to the BCNA Guest Speaker Kym Berchtenbreighter who shared her story to the crowd. 

Got up bright and early to take over from Bec Mooney as the BCNA member on the road - with the boys!  It has amazed me how wonderful the support has been - people stop us everywhere to donate money to BCNA.  Shane is doing a great job and the naughty smile is never far away! I managed to welcome myself to the crew by bogging the truck and trailor!  A very kind local Pimpinio farmer helped pull it out! 

Until tomorrow night - wonder if I'll get to drive again!!!

Jane Barrie

Tagged:

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Jane, congratulations on the great job you guys are doing supporting Shane.  I'm really jealous, would love to be there.  My step-daughter and her partner live 30k from Horsham ... had a trip there planned but unfortunately things got in the way.

Where and when does he get back to Melbourne?

I saw the cross to the Footy Show and also heard Shane being interviewed on radio before last night's game.

For someone who comes across as a bit of a "clown" he seems a really great bloke.  I know his Footy Show mates and all other footballers are in awe of what he is doing.

Don't worry too much about bogging the truck ... you're in the country and it's raining!!!!!

Take care and keep up the good work

Cheers .... Shirl

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Jane, congratulations on the great job you guys are doing supporting Shane.  I'm really jealous, would love to be there.  My step-daughter and her partner live 30k from Horsham ... had a trip there planned but unfortunately things got in the way.

Where and when does he get back to Melbourne?

I saw the cross to the Footy Show and also heard Shane being interviewed on radio before last night's game.

For someone who comes across as a bit of a "clown" he seems a really great bloke.  I know his Footy Show mates and all other footballers are in awe of what he is doing.

Don't worry too much about bogging the truck ... you're in the country and it's raining!!!!!

Take care and keep up the good work

Cheers .... Shirl

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Janey!  Go you! -- saw you on the Footy Show, you guys are doing a great job. 

Have fun and try and stay on the road  (just saw your bogged truck in Shane's Day 6 diary ;).

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Keep up the great work. I also saw the Footy Show and seeing Shane keeping on going inspired me for my talk. He is terrific, and you are too.

• Jane Barrie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for those lovely words.  He is not only keeping on going he is doing it with grace and humour - truly amazing how generous he is being with his time.

• Jane Barrie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl

Shane is a great bloke and is doing an incredible job.  Garry Lyon joined him this morning and it was a great surprise for Shane.  There was the funniest banter going on between them the whole run - must say I spent most of the day laughing as I was sitting in the front car and listening to them.  It was great to see them togehter and yes I do belive Garry was in awe a little bit of Shane's effort.

Shane will be running into Melbourne on Thursday and will be running into the Footy Show on Thursday night.  If you are in Melbourne we would love you to come down to Jago Street, Richmond and cheer him on.  More details will be put on the BCNA website during the week.

Loving driving in the country as I'm a country girl!

Thanks

Jane

• Jane Barrie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di

How exciting!  My blog the other night worked.  Thanks for all your help with it.  There might be no stopping me now.

Staying in Ararat tonight and looking forward to a good Ararat meal.

Amazing turnout today from the lovely Ballarat people - well done to you all for your fabulous support of BCNA and Shane.

Cheers

Jane

• Katie Allen
    Katie Allen Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

Jane,

What a great event Nhill, the room looked excellent and there was so much pink in the room. It was great to see everyone embracing the night and the event. Looking forward to catching up on the video diaries and watching Shane run in on Thursday night.

Not long now, keep running Shane!

Katie

• Katie Allen
    Katie Allen Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

Jane,

What a great event Nhill, the room looked excellent and there was so much pink in the room. It was great to see everyone embracing the night and the event. Looking forward to catching up on the video diaries and watching Shane run in on Thursday night.

Not long now, keep running Shane!

Katie