Travel as a diversion

Options
Leemac
Leemac Member Posts: 6
edited March 2012 in Health and wellbeing

It is amazing how much you can be uplifted just by getting away, be it for a weekend, an afternoon or a few weeks. Life in general is getting busier and busier and we seem to be in a never ending flurry of activity so having some time (no matter how short) to recoup, relax and take stock is always a lovely luxury. I am about to leave these shores for two weeks in Paris which sounds very indulgent, but it can be done on a budget if you are a little sneaky (which could be my middle name). Just looking forward to some time to myself, lots of reflection, walking by the river, galleries, great food, a few concerts and dinners with friends. Hmmm - I may not feel too much like going back to work. Anyway - don't forget to make time for you - even just an hour or two doing a crossword or reading a book can make a huge difference.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leemac,  Congratulations on going on your holiday.  Sounds wonderful.  I have just returned from Thailand.  We are now in the throngs of taking back our investment home and doing some major renos prior to us moving into it.  Then we have to sell our present home.  So it is all actions go.  However we are already thinking of our next holiday.  It keeps me going having lovely things to look forward to.  Enjoy your "me" time. XLeonie

• Leemac
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Leonie. Good luck with all of the moves!

Lee

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh!  What an excellent plan, Lee.  Got room in your suitcase for a stowaway?? ;)

• Leemac
    edited March 2015
    Options

Always room for a stow-a-way!

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hee!  You might change your mind when I try and fit my 15yo dog in there, too!  (it's her birthday today, so I'm feeling sentimental ;)