Awareness raising in Bali

Options
kellchec
kellchec Member Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in Community news and events

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005, just one month after returning from a trip to Bali. I was 32. 7 years on and a friend of mine has come up with the idea to organise a fundraiser for Bali breast cancer. Breast cancer is the second biggest killer of women  in Indonesia and currently Bali has no mobile mammogram. SharpMoves have organised 2 Pink Bali Retreats (21 May & 27 May) which includes the Bali Pink Ribbon walk (26 May), fitness, cycling, spa treatments, cooking classes, yoga, pilates, massages, celebratory pink volcano climb and lots of fun are all on the agenda. So we get to do the 2 things our doctors tell us, keep physically and mentally healthy! It doesn’t matter how fit you are as the program allows you to choose how active you would like to be. A donation of $200 per retreat guest and all monies raised from the Bali Pink Ribbon Walk go to the charity to help buy a mobile mammogram and help breast cancer awareness. If you would like to come and join me and celebrate life you can contact Jo Sharp on either 0438 687 891 or ljsharp@fl.net.au