10 years on - Survivor

It’s been such a long time since I’ve been on this chat and tonight I’m wanting to celebrate a milestone for me and give others hope- chemotherapy is definitely a great part of why I’m still here 10 years down the track from my diagnosis of stage 3 breast cancer but it takes away so much too. I was shattered to lose my hair but when I lost my eyebrows and eyelashes I was mortified. Thankfully hair and eyelashes grow back, eyebrows too but not the same. Today I put my trust in an amazing process and an incredible lady and I got my eyebrows tattooed- for me this was a big thing and my final F U Cancer moment!!! So if anyone is feeling the same as I did after recovering from the ravages of chemo and you’re wanting to take back your confidence I highly recommend this!!! For those of you currently undergoing treatment there is hope and life after cancer treatment and I wish everyone all the best. If you’re in Adelaide consider reaching out to: the brow ink by Sarah 🥰 

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,438
    Congratulations 🎊 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,040
    edited May 22
    WOOHOO!!   CONGRATULATIONS @Andir xx.

That is fantastic news & well done for getting your eyebrows tattoo'd back on!  I've seen many ladies with it & it looks terrific!! (Sometimes it looks a bit 'dark' to start off with - but it DOES settle down and looks fabulous!)  Your eyebrows actually frame your face too, so are very important for your general looks.   Mine are almost all grey now - so I have been known to use some mascara on them now & then to give a bit of definition!   LOL

It is always terrific to hear the Good News Story and yours is just AWESOME!  Well done you xx

take care

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 848
    @Andir. Thanks for the good news boost. Its always great to hear. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 2,066
    Dear @Andir,
    Congratulations, and thanks for posting your message. I am seven years down the track, and my eyebrows are still nearly non-existent!
    Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,935
    Thank you @Andir, it is always nice to hear good news stories on here.  It gives others some hope. All the best for another 10 years.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,235
    well well done @Andir
    👏👏👏
    🍾🍾🍾
    🎂🎂🎂