BreastScreen Australia are seeking your views and feedback - survey closes 20 Feb 24

Options
The BreastScreen Australia Program is undertaking a review. I've just completed this survey in the hope that it may assist participation and early diagnosis. Thought I would share it here so others can share their feedback and suggestions.

Stakeholder: You can contribute and share your feedback as a 'Consumer/ person affected by cancer'.

The BreastScreen Australia Review (the Review) will inform the future strategic direction of BreastScreen Australia, and consider emerging evidence and research, safety and quality, funding models and maximising equity and participation.

Before you start, we ask you to read the short discussion paper, that will assist in answering the survey questions.

Public Consultation - BreastScreen Australia Review - Australian Government Department of Health - Citizen Space

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Thank you, done.

It might have been more useful if the questionnaire had been formatted for different user groups, not just identifying user groups. 

I’ve been interested in recent discussions on tax review - I too think it’s overdue, but it takes a long time and the current financial situation would make any changes that increase tax, even for important things like health, unpopular. But screening and early detection does carry the risk, and cost in the health system, of intervention and treatment for potentially cancerous cells that may never develop. I don’t know what the alternative to treatment is. I personally would find it very hard to sit back and wait for something to develop! 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,286
    Options
    Done. Thanks for posting