BC NEWBIE

Options
Moniqwa81
Moniqwa81 Member Posts: 2
Hi my names Moniq

I'm a single mum with 2 boys 10 & 11
with disabilities. 

I was diagnosed with Triple Positive Breast Cancer in April. 

I have finished 2nd lot of treatment for 12 cycle and will be having surgery in the coming weeks, 

I'm reaching out to BC women who would like to catch up for coffee or something preferably in the mornings. 
I have tried to find groups in my local area city of Kingston, Cheltenham. and can't find anything that is face to face it's all online which I find frustrating because I'm not a social media chat person. 
Please feel free to reach out as I think it would be good to be able to talk to women and get out of the house briefly instead of being isolated and and dealing with all sorts of challenges. 

Stay strong and positive 

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi there @Moniqwa81
    I am sorry, I am not in your area and don't have the same issues as you but I am sure someone will be in touch with you soon.
    Like you, I am not a social media person, preferring to meet in person, so I understand.
    Keep checking as someone will be here for you.  💖💖

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    I am SO sorry to see you join us in our 'select little group' @Moniqwa81 .....    please consider joining the Triple Negative 'Private' group - where ALL your conversations are 100% private xx.   Just chatting with others in the 'same boat' .... can help xx
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/30-triple-negative-breast-cancer-tnbc

If you feel a tad overwhelmed, please give out helpline a bell ..... 1800 500 258  ...  or contact your Breast care Nurse as well ..... it can be a 'high/low' experience, for sure. xx. This is all totally normal xx

I've connected with quite a few members from BCNA - and it has been fantastic to be able to relate to members 'one on one' via personal messages (AND in person!)  I've met up with a few members & have always been lifted up by their support xx

Take care & all the best xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,381
    Options
    Hi Moniq @Moniqwa81 There are quite a number of ladies who live in the Melbourne regions so hopefully some will reach out. Do you have someone to help you with your boys while you navigate through all the treatments? Also look at CANTEEN which provides support for children who are impacted by cancer. It is essential for children 12+ but they may be able to recommend something else. As soon as your oldest turns 12 they will offer excursions etc. 

What type of chemo are you having and what are your concerns? We will try to help with any questions or queries. Triple positive Breast Cancer has a lot of treatment options which is fantastic as if one doesn't suit you there will be something else.

If you have a McGrath nurse she will be able to check if there are any local support groups for you. Quite often, the hospital holds them.
  • Moniqwa81
    Moniqwa81 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Blossom, 
    Im having all treatment I guess. Then radiotherapy and continued 17 cycle of chemo. 
    I have very little support for my boys and only trust them with less than half a handful op family. 

My oldest will be 12 in Jan 👍🏽 I'll check out canteen. 

Thank you for all your responses so far 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @Moniqwa81,

from jennyss in Western NSW