Light therapy sleep trial

Options
Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,381
I get to wear these trendy glasses twenty minutes every morning.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,608
    Options
    WOW @Blossom1961 - is that to 'reset' your circadian rhythm?   I was told years ago to always, when I first get out of bed, to open the blinds and deliberately watch the rising sun for a minute or so .... It was somehow supposed to reset my brain that it was 'wake up' time .... 

Let me know how you go!!

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Interesting @Blossom1961 - groovy glasses !  You need to add some bling.
    Is the trial part of your BC treatment ?
    I always try to stay with set times for turning the light out and then getting up.  I don't often fall into the trap of getting up if I cannot sleep - and I never use technology if I do get up.
    Do let us know more about the trial and please keep us updated on your progress a I am sure many will be interested.
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Sleepcare Research Team. Cancer sleep therapy trial through Monash, Bendigo Health and Peter Mac. However, I think you can be anywhere to access this trial. So far I have done everything via phone. 
    @arpie Chemo apparently is responsible for stuffing up the circadian rhythm so yes, the glasses are supposed to help reset.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    Interesting! Please advise how you go - I’d love to blame chemo for my somewhat chaotic sleep patterns but the problem started long before! But any cure in a storm! Best wishes.
  • June1952
    Options
    @Blossom1961, I did Google Bendigo and found some info.  Hells bells, expensive glasses !
    I really do hope they work for you.  Please let us know your outcome.
  • arpie
    Options
    I didn't have chemo, @Blossom1961 - but my sleep patterns are TOTALLY stuffed.  :(   Mine started with my menopause - about 30 years ago ....  But I am VERY good at rolling over (after the alarm goes off at 7am) and nodding off again ..... or waking up at 6am (or before) and pretending I didn't ..... 

• Blossom1961
    Options
    I didn't have to pay for mine. They are a loan for the trial.
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @arpie, yes I can wake at 6am with the alarm and then nod back off again for one-two hours. Not allowed to on the trial which sucks.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 925
    Options
    @Blossom1961 they look interesting.  Keep us posted.

I don't sleep well either.  I toss and turn.  Get hot.  Have a cpac machine that gets a bit annoying.

I tend to wake up at 3.00am stare at the walls then fall asleep at 6.00am and get up at 7.00am.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi @Blossom1961
    How are you managing?  Do you see a slight improvement?

BC keeps giving in all strange ways so it's important to be vigilant and act accordingly 

Take care
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @iserbrown I am actually getting to sleep sooner. It was taking me an hour plus every night. I am now asleep within fifteen minutes. I am also not waking up as much during the night. Downside is, I feel just as tired during the day. Hoping that changes too. I wasn't expecting much so anything is a win.
  • arpie
    Options
    Bummer you are still feeling tired - but hopefully over time, that may change? xx
  • June1952
    Options
    Just using those glamorous glasses would be tiring  Your sleep is better and over time that will improve those feelings of tiredness.  How long will you be on the trial ?
    Keep it up, it is working for you.