New and worried

Options
thom73
thom73 Member Posts: 2
Not too sure im in the right place, as i do not have a diagnosis. I have had itching on one part of my left breast for some time, fast forward 4 months and its still there driving me crazy. So went to gp, they found a lump.ive have been sent for mammogram and ultrasound. Unfortunately they cant get me in for 2 weeks. Im a little stressed and am looking to hear about other who have had similar experiences 

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Sorry to see you here, @thom73 - well done on being proactive with the itch & getting checked out .... shame there is a wait tho.  Do you live in a major town or city or are you rural/regional?  My own detection (being rural/regional) went over a period of months before the biopsy finally came back positive 3 months later .... so I fully understand your angst xx

Try & keep busy in the time leading up to your Mammogram & Ultrasound, doing things you love doing .... and also, try not to get ahead of yourself xx. All going well, you will have nothing to worry about xx

take care xx

• thom73
    thom73 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks, yes I am hoping that it is hormonal. I live in a regional part of Australia and they come every two weeks, just caught them when the tecs were leaving. Im busy with work, but there is this worry, I also have some family history. Thank you for your support i really appreciate it 🙏 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Welcome @thom73 to the club no-one really wants to join - and with luck you won't stay with us.  Take each day as it comes and try not to stress out too much.
    If you add your general location to your profile you may find someone nearby to chat with.
    Two weeks is not long in the scheme of things and, as @arpie said, you were proactive which is good.  It may turn out to be something benign.
    We will be thinking of you so stay in touch.  💖

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    @thom73 - Being rural/regional - are you aware of the various Patient travel & accommodation Assistance packages for those living outside the bigger city/towns that don't always have access to high end medical procedures?  You can get remibursed on some travel and accommodation expenses (even if staying with family or friends in some states.)

You can also join the Rural/Regional private group, where a lot of the problems associated with rural/regional treatments are discussed, or tips passed on ;)

Which state/area are you from?  As @June1952 says - you can add it to your profile & then others in the area may be able to help support you too & point you to specific services in your area xx

This document covers ALL the Patient travel & accommodation in Australia ..... check it out - I hope it helps xx
    https://www.ruralhealth.org.au/sites/default/files/publications/pats-fact-sheet-and-guide-2023.pdf

take care