Dragons Abreast

Options
danielle ghilardi
danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi ladies, i was just wondering who will be paddling on Sunday for the Chinesse New Year at Darling Harbour?

Danielle xx

Tagged:

Comments

• kato
    kato Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, My mum is in the Illawarra team. 

She also has a broken ankle (3 places) and is wearing a cast!!!!

Mum gives me inspiration every day and has been a pillar of strength for me.

Kylie

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kylie,

I am pretty sure i saw the Illawarra team. We had a great day. Goodluck with the rest of your treatment and hopefully i will meet you and your mum at next years chinesse new year.

Danielle xx

• kato
    kato Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Danielle,

Mum said it was a fantastic day and very moving.  It was a shame it wasn't all over the news, I would have loved to see it.

Mum sent me a text message during the Survivors Ceremony saying "this one's for you".  I don't think I have cried so much since my diagnosis and I am determined to be there next year too!

Kylie xo

• danielle ghilardi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kylie,

It was very moving! You can see the petals ceremony on youtube if you wanted to see it.

It sounds like you and your mum have a really special bond, thats great. My mum is quite distant to me lately thats why i paddle. Its like having 20 other mums who genuinly care about me its a nice feeling. I felt as though once i had finished treatment i was all alone thats why i have thrown myself in with BCNA and Dragons Abreast and i will never look back or feel lonely again!!

If you wanted me to email you some photos just let me know. Unfortunately i have none of the illawarra team, i think we raced them every race..

Much love, Danielle xx