Red hot scar - 1.5 years post surgery

Options
Anyone got experience of an old scar  (1 year, 3 months) suddenly becoming inflamed ?  It’s just one surprise after another honestly 😡 

Comments

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    I haven't had that happen so long after surgery, however I had inflammation about 6 weeks after and I required antibiotics.  I suggest getting a doctor to check it out for you as it doesn't look normal to me.  Let us know how you go.  Take care.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @KWKW727

Have you used cream on your breast recently?  I was 3 months along and the whole breast area turned red.  I ended up in Hospital and the redness marked up and it increased each day.  Put on IV antibiotics.   After a few weeks it was determined it was topical only.  Allergic to Sorbolene

Best wishes 
  • KWKW727
    KWKW727 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    No nothing different.  I saw an online doctor last night as the redness was spreading by the minute and I was really in pain and distressed.  I have been put on Staphylex for skin infection.  
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Hi @KWKW727, keep an eye on it. I had my scar become inflamed 18 months post surgery. Turned out to be a stiches that were not dissolved and they then irritated the skin. Needed a little surgery to fix it. Hopefully that online diagnosis is correct. Might pay to see your own doctor if it doesn't clear up. Best wishes 
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi @KWKW727, did you have radiation? That can do weird things to you.Perhaps you could see your surgeon on an urgent basis. I know mine would squeeze me in.Looks like an infection of some sort
  • KWKW727
    KWKW727 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I did - one year ago.  i am waiting in a call back from the hospital.  I am on antibiotics for a skin infectjon ;same drugs as given for mastitis)  
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    @KWKW727 my infection looked similar and was also put on antibiotics.  They probably see this type of infection more often that we would think.  I had to go on double strength antibiotics, but I can't recall the name of the drug I was prescribed at the time.