Long Term Cancer Survivorship island by by Dana Stewart, Survivor and YSC RISE Advocate

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

Comments

• Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Facing BC (and all it entails) as a younger person must be absolutely frightful, for myriad reasons we can all imagine. Quite a different experience from those of us who have, at least, had a few more of life's experiences under our belts. I'm sure the writer's feeling resonate with many BC survivors, especially the younger ones.

• StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Options
    I don’t want to detract from anyone’s distress or take away from their personal experience, and I really don’t mean to offend anyone individually, but that piece just kinda made me do a massive eye roll. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Sounds like this girl has generalised anxiety or similar, and as she mentioned PTSD. It was probably pre-existing. The cancer would’ve just made it worse. Being diagnosed that young even worse. I don’t think she’s dealing with what the root cause of it all is, which as I said was probably there before the cancer diagnosis. Her therapist might just be helping her deal with the cancer related stuff, and not anything prior to that, which probably also really needs to be dealt with. I hope she resolves it eventually and starts fully enjoying her life.