Friday Update 2 October 2020
Welcome to our Friday update and a very warm welcome to all our new members who have joined us in the last month. We hope you are settling in and finding your way around.
Don’t forget to have a look at the Groups section in the online network. We have some private and public groups that you may be interested in joining.
Each fortnight we have lots of great posts within our online network, here are some that you may have missed…
1. Im not ok…looking for book recommendations that will chase the blues away Commenced by @Nadi, sincere condolences on the passing of your father Nadi, look after you.
Drug company pulls pin on PBS listing of Faslodex
BCNA was very disappointed to learn
in September that drug company AstraZeneca has pulled out of discussions with
the Australian Department of Health to have Faslodex (fulvestrant) listed on
the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). Read
National Carers Week
11 – 17 October 2020
National Carers week is a time to recognise the 2.65 million Australians who provide care and support to a family member or friend with disability, mental health condition, chronic condition, terminal illness, an alcohol or other drug issue or who are frail aged.
Pink Bun starts 8 October 2020
Less than one week to go until Pink Bun 2020 goes live!
Just a reminder that next Thursday 8 October is the launch of Bakers Delight’s Pink Bun campaign.
There are lots of great ways you can show your support:
1. Visit your local Bakers Delight to buy a 6-pack of Pink Fun-Buns.
2. If you can’t get into store, you can buy a virtual 6-pack of Pink Buns online and send a message of support to family or friends
3. Host a Pink Bun party online or in person click here to find out more and register
4. Give a shout out to your local Bakers Delight franchisee and staff either in person or on social with a photo of their bakery and #PinkBunsForBCNA. Find your local bakery here.
5. Like, comment and share BCNA and Bakers Delight Pink Bun posts on social
This year, more than ever BCNA needs your support. Click here to find out more.
Enjoy your weekend everyone
The mod team,
Giovanna, Laura, Riki, Michelle & Pat