OMG1 Not again round 3 coming up!

Options
Well as usual I am here again whinging. But at least I know you girls are always here when I need someone to listen to my scary thoughts.
After finishing twelve months of treatment from June 2018 to last day 30/7/2019 of chemo, rads, & Trastuzumab I thought it was all behind me. I have been free for 7 months. YAY!
I had appointment to see surgeon for regular final late inspection on 4th February. Tuesday. Appointment 3.30pm got in 5pm as usual at PA Brisbane(not there fault so many patients) I presented with my angry breast all covered in a red rash! It had been there since I awoke at 6,30am that morning only.
Well short story my in & out quick plans were thrown out the door. As I was seen by a junior & I had expressed concern on my angry red breast she thought it might have been from a new soap, deodorant etc?
HELLO! I said no rash anywhere else on my other lily white breast or body? So in came two surgeons checking out my angry red boob. We need to do a skin biopsy right now! To rule out that the cancer has not spread to my breast skin? 
Hell no it can't be I am on another roller coaster now.
Here I go on Dr Google could it be IBC god I hope not.
Well girls you know how it goes I am worried as this is my third diagnosis now. First in 2014 second 2018 now what? I am not trying for the highest time of diagnosis here I am just trying to stay alive.
GOOD NEWS! Since my 2018 diagnosis & 12 months treatment I have become a great grandma a beautiful grandson, "Ezra" now 7 months old.  My grandson is about to give me my 2nd great grandson due today! but no signs of labour just yet. SO I AM GRATEFUL for all the Drs, Nurses, hospital staff & family & you wonderful people here. Keep on keeping on lovely ladies thinking of you all. Regards Dawn
PS My twin sister & I had our 72nd birthday 9th January we feel blessed.

Comments

• Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @Dawnc, big hug from Melbourne, it must be very hard and scary to be dealing with this again.  When do you find out the results?
    Congratulations on the great grandchildren that is good news. <3

• Dawnc
    Dawnc Member Posts: 31
    Options
    @Nefertari they said this Friday they will try to have the results. 
    so not too long. Yes proud great grandma. thanks.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Oh dear lord @Dawnc

Seriously does this round a bout ever quit?  Whinge away lovely, sometimes it feels like we're stuck on a perpetual rollercoaster with only varying degrees of loop de loop depending on which track it takes.  Congrats on the awaited new great grandbaby.  
    All fingers, toes and legs crossed for you.
     Wishing you all the very best for fast and fantastic results.
    xoxoxoxo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Bugger bugger bugger - all the best for your results, @Dawnc - I can only imagine how annoying and distressing this all is!  HOpefully it is just a local rash.  Fingers & toes crossed for that!

But what a wonderful celebration about to happen - a new great grandbaby as well as his 7 month 'uncle' (is it??)  They will grow up together & be great buddies.

And a belated Happy birthday to you and your twin!   I am married to a twin & will be dropping him off to visit his brother this weekend as I go away with my Uke Group to perform at the Blue Mountains - I can only imagine what mischief they will get up to, being 83 & both with dementia!  I feel sorry for my sister in law!  ;) 

Take care xxx
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Congratulations on the great grand baby @Dawnc.  
    We all wish there is a cure or vaccine for BC soon.  
    Good luck with everything.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I had the big red angry rash months later.  Suncw surgery it turns out my BC breast is allergic to sorbolene but the rest of the body is fine!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Dawnc Rant rave yell scream. Man alive, I would. Stuff driving out to the country, just go out into the middle of the road and scream until your lungs run empty. I did that at work once. Boy it felt good.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @Dawnc One step at time lovely. I'm no doctor but there are so many things that causes rashes.

Rotten that you're back here again. Let's hope it's a short visit and we say goodbye again on Friday!

Congratulations on becoming a great-grandmother! Baby photos always welcome!  <3  K xox
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    @Dawnc sorry to hear. And this is a great place to vent. No judgment from anyone. Just love and care sent your way. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I'm hoping it is just a rash. And nothing more. We so get the stress. Congrats on the grandbabies.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I'm hoping it is just a rash. And nothing more. We so get the stress. Congrats on the grandbabies.
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Congratulations @Dawnc with your results and your beautiful gorgeous great grandchildren.  So happy for you.
  • Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @Dawnc, woo hoo congratulations on a fantastic result!

Those babies are adorable <3