Highly recommend Tracey Scone Wig Library, Darlinghurst, Sydney

Options
In anticipation of upcoming chemo, I visited the Tracey Scone Wig Library yesterday. It's behind St Vincent's hospital in Darlinghurst, in a sweet terrace house. The library is not open every day and you need to make an appointment. All details on the link.

There is a large choice of wigs, styles and colours. Gloria and Belinda were incredibly helpful: not only suggesting styles but advising on wig care etc. It was such a supportive environment. And no problem at all to play with different looks.

The wigs are completely free and you can keep until your hair grows back. I felt rather confident when I left.

I decided on BIG Italian hair. Colour and length similar to my hair - but volume is more! Tomorrow I go to a Look Good Feel Better workshop and want to learn how to draw big eyebrows to match the look!

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Good choice! I wore a wig through chemo and found it really helpful - it wasn’t hot or heavy, made me feel good by looking good and ensured that I wasn’t immediately identified as a poor cancer battler (terms I didn’t like) at first sight! A good wig library is immensely useful. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Gina Lollobrigida! Looks faaabulous! K xox