Introducing myself

chamini
chamini Member Posts: 25
edited October 2011 in General discussion

Hi all

I am in a strange situation being an Australian living in Tokyo. I got diagnosed with early stage (stage 1) triple negative breast cancer this august. Been through the lumpectomy and in the last 2 weeks of radiation therapy (33 sessions and 13 more left. yay !!) I will start chemo after this.  Doctors say 3 months of chemo should be ok as a preventitive thing.

I hope you wont mind me joning from far as writing a blog in Japanese was difficult to deal with so decided to join the Australian network instead

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Hi from here in Oz.  It would be interesting to "see" how the treatments compare between the two countries.  Do you have family with you for support?  The treatments are a bit tough especially chemo but the time definately goes by very quickly.  Come on line whenever you have the need to have a query answered or just to have a whine.  It is a great outlet to do just that as there is always someone who can relate to what you are going through.  Best wishes and good luck with the rest of your treatment. XLeonie  PS request me as a contact if you wish than I will be able to keep up to date with your progress.

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015

Hi from here in Oz.  It would be interesting to "see" how the treatments compare between the two countries.  Do you have family with you for support?  The treatments are a bit tough especially chemo but the time definately goes by very quickly.  Come on line whenever you have the need to have a query answered or just to have a whine.  It is a great outlet to do just that as there is always someone who can relate to what you are going through.  Best wishes and good luck with the rest of your treatment. XLeonie  PS request me as a contact if you wish than I will be able to keep up to date with your progress.

• chamini
    edited March 2015

I have an amazing group of friends here almost like a family. My parents and siblings live in Oz so bit difficult for them to be here all the time but they are going to take turns during chemo it seems. Thanks I will add you as a contact. 

I feel like hard part is yet to come with chemo. I am trying to not stop working much so hope it will work out. 

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015

What kind of support groups are there?  Do you want to receive the resource "My Journey Kit" which is an invaluable resource that is supplied free of charge from BCNA??   It is available from this site if you are interested - just leave your details. XLeonie

• chamini
    edited March 2015

I will come to Oz next couple of weeks to visit my parents before the chemo starts. So I planned to have it delivered then.  There are some support groups for females but I have not followed then closely.  I have two friends who are had gone through it and they have been very good. Making a connection through a Japanese friend of mine.  Got an appointment with the doctors to figure out Chemo this week. After that I will know more of what is going on.

The doctor has been very informative and he is part of the support group in my area which is very helpful.