One more AC then Taxol and Carboplatin

Penny001Penny001 Ceentral Coast NswMember Posts: 19
Hi,
would love to hear from anyone who has one ac to go and also those on taxol weekly so i no what to expect. Feeling scared all over again.

Comments

• SilbaSilba SydneyMember Posts: 100
    Hi

I had 12 Taxol after 4 AC+ T , Taxol is easier I felt on the body than the AC just fatigue and fluid retention , but if you keep walking daily it helps to counteract some of the fatigue.

I feel that once you start on the Taxol the time flies by really quickly.

Hang in there.
  • smokie08smokie08 AdelaideMember Posts: 154
    Hi @ Penny001
     I did the same treatment  only had 3 lots of  carbo with the taxol  it was doable  but I found the week of carbo the hardest.  I ended up with migraines every week (but I do suffer from them) and nose bleeds, nails lifted  and had 2 lots of blood  due to low red count. The treatment did the trick as had chemo before surgery and it shrunk the tumor to nearly nothing. 

Not too scare you too much  you might find it not as bad . I wish you all the best with the rest of your treatment  the end is in sight.
    Take care  😀
  • Shellshocked2018_Shellshocked2018_ Fleurieu Peninsula , SAMember Posts: 160
    Hi Penny001,
    I had dose dense A/C every fortnight for 8 weeks, body didn’t cope very well I must say.

Good news is I’m currently on my fourth round of Paclitaxel, 8 to go, body coping so much better besides feeling tired and a little achy, but so much more doable than the A/C.
    Im actually able to do things around the house, and go out and do some things of interest. 
    Hang in there it’s much better.